FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLentils and chick pea experts plse...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lentils and chick pea experts plse...
    Posted: 02 October 2008 at 11:12am
Got some from the supermarket bulk bins about a year ago. The intention was to add them to our cooking, when I fell pregnant, for extra protein boosts, but that plan fell flat. Still have them in the cupboard in sealed bags. Will they still be okay to use? I wanted to make a vege soup today but don't have a soup mix, so want to try using the lentils and chick peas as a soup base. What do I do with them!? Help

Missed MC July 2011
Sponsored Links

Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 8:32am
They'll be fine to use, but will need soaking. Especially the chickpeas. They will have dried out a lot. The lentils may take longer to cook.
Either will be fine in soaps.
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 12:17pm
he he chickpea and lentil SOAP!! LOL

Troods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 12:23pm
LOL I hadn't noticed that. Well my soup was a success and a big hit with DH.

Missed MC July 2011
 Post Reply Post Reply