FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCup Cakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cup Cakes
    Posted: 05 October 2008 at 12:51am
I saw a website the other day that had awesome cup cakes sold here in Brisbane. So in my moment of inspiration I decided to make some tonight for the first time EVER! Needless to say, Im not normally the best baker. DH told me I was hired

I followed the Edmonds Cook Book for my recipe and used our food processor as I dont have a Cake Mixer yet. Must work on that now though hehe!! They are just so divine and soft to eat they just melt in our mouth If you dont have an Edmonds Cook Book I'm happy to post the recipe here.

Here is a few pics. Sorry if they are huge, I dont know how to re-size on yet.

ETA Pics

Edited by rianna08
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 7:29am
Well done you! Looks like you had fun icing them too

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
katie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 12:38pm
They look great. I have made them with a nigella lawson recipe that was also nice. I'll have to try the edmonds one now too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 1:11pm
Thanks ladies. Yes Icing them was great fun. Being creative with the colours is great

Katie I think my next batch I'll have to give the Nigella Lawson recipe a go

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 1:45pm
I LOVE the edmonds cup cake recipe!!!!! So yummy.

They never last longer than 2 days. When we have little kidlets I will have to make double batches me thinks

I made some on Tuesday night and we had them for dessert and the rest on Wednesday night!

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 1:46pm
Oh, I mix them by hand.... I find they are much lighter and fluffier if I do it this way, the food processor can over mix them and make them a bit heavier.... IMO anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 10:28pm
Mel thats a good idea to mix them by hand. Luckly our food processor is reasonably news and has the cake mixer attachment thingy so that helps and I only do it on the lowest setting. Just gotta wait for christmas to pass so I can get me a cake mixer

Post Reply Post Reply