FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNewby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newby
    Posted: 06 October 2008 at 12:06am
Hi ladies

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just found this site. Quick history: I am 33. DH is 35. TTC for just over 3 years. DH has very low morphology.. We did a lap - no issues my side. We were told we need IVF with ICSI. THEN we managed to fall pregnant a year later and MC on the 1st of Jan this year at 11.5 weeks. We are going to see Fertility Plus at the end of the month to get into the IVF program.

Having a bit of a down day today, just so tired of waiting and running out of hope. Never thought would be in this position...

Somebody give me some stories of hope :)

Bells
Sponsored Links

kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 9:45am
Hey Bells welcome.....So sorry to read of your MC. Must have been really hard.    My DH has a really low Sperm count as well. I million at last test (I think normal is 80mil and over) so I was really down for ages when we were TTC about 3 years ago, but I little swimmer must have made it cause we have now got a gorgeous little almost 3 year old little girl after 18mths of trying.   We have now been trying for no 2 for enarly 2 years and have just started another cycle of clomid.

There is heaps of support on this site so whenever you are having a down day come on here......the girls are really wonderful.   All the best of your journey to get your BFP
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 7:25pm
Hi bells,

If you have a look in the Male Factor infertility thread my story is in there... we were told fairly recently (about 6-7 weeks ago) that according to DP's latest test results we needed IVF if we were ever going to have our own baby... well blow me down I got a very shocking, but very much wanted bfp last week! Going for scan on Thursday to make sure it is in the right place, only one in there etc... We are obviously over the moon, and terrified at the same time... but are taking each day at a time...

DP was on Menevit for a few months (Fertility Associates get it from Oz, not sure if F+ can get it too) and then a couple of weeks after the last appt with the above verdict, he decided to try a herbal supplement called Horny Goat Weed (I kid you not!) and it must have done the trick...lol... could be worth a try maybe?

Oh and I have no known issues either...
Brandon - 05/12/2003

jessm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 11:23am
If you want a story of hope, I will give you mine, although it is not because of dh in my case...

I am 24yrs old, and I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure about 18mths ago (basically you stop cycling, also called premature menopause). DH & I had been married for a year and a bit, and decided we were ready to try for a baby, so I came off the pill. My periods never returned. The diagnosis given when I finally went to the doctor was somewhat unexpected and devastating! Was given only a 6-8% chance of ever having a kid. We thought long and hard about using an egg donor, and decided not to in the end but to leave it in Gods hands. A couple of months after we made that decision, my period returned and we now have a 2wk-old baby!

Both of us would like more kids, but for the moment we will just have to wait and see what happens. As it is, we have been truly blessed!
 Post Reply Post Reply