FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOnewa Parents Centre

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Onewa Parents Centre
    Posted: 11 October 2008 at 6:56pm
DH just asked me about antenatal classes and I said I had enrolled us at the onewa parents centre. It then occured to me that I spoke to the woman in August and she said she would send the info out to me once the timetable had been done for early next year. Well, I have not heard from her. I will call her on Monday, but now I am worried that they will be booked out....

I spoke to her when I was 5 weeks because I knew they book up quick.

Has anyone received and info for classes next year from them?

Sponsored Links

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 7:55pm
It would be best to ring them, especially if you havent paid to hold your place, they do fill up quickly I start my class on Monday at Onewa.

I had to chase them for the timetable to confirm that i was enrolled .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 8:05pm
Thats what I thought, last time they sent me the letter with the timetable and it said I had to pay by Sept something for the classes starting in November.... I remember then I had to chase them and then she told I wasnt on the list because she was waiting for me to call her back even though she said she would call me once the timetable was done.

I just completely forgot, I am going to be pretty peeved if it is booked out and I am not on the list!

Will definately call them on Monday!

HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2008 at 10:48pm
You could always ring North Shore Hospital... ?
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 8:52am
I have their number to Pearls, its really more for the coffee group that I wanted Parents Centre. I dont have any family here and no friends with babies so once my mum goes home and DH is back at work I will quite literally be on my own.

I had heard quite wonderful things about the parents centre coffee groups and saw that as a way to make some friends... something I dont do easily.

Oh well, whats meant to be will be.

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 9:30am
The parents center is good for that, having coffee groups and they also recommend the mums and bubs course after bub is born because that is where you meet everyone in the same position as you.

I have to enroll myself in the class. Should do it soon I think.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2008 at 10:28am
I had my AN classes there and while the classes were ok, the best thing we got from it was out AN group. We still meet weekly (no one has dropped out) and the fella's still meet weekly at the pub!

claireyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claireyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 4:09pm
I've just spoken to the lady at the Onewa Parents Centre, and the only class I can get into finishes just a few days before I give birth... is that too late to do it? I'm due 31 March.

Does anyone know of any other classes in that area? I live in Birkdale and would like to do a local class so that I can meet some people in the area

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 6:29pm
North shore hospital do them, just give them a ring. i will try and dig out the number for you tonight.

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 6:39pm
I reckon that's fine, as the last couple of classes aren't that helpful (if you end up having to miss them). It's the first few about labour and birth that are the most helpful. When I was deciding between two groups, the coordinator suggested I do the later one, as it can feel better being one of the first in your grp to have your baby, rather than feeling like you're waiting forever IYKWIM.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2008 at 7:05pm
claireyt, that will mean we will be in the same class!

claireyt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claireyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 8:32am
Hi Melnel

That's cool! I'm really keen on the Parents Centre as I've heard that the classes and coffee groups are really good. My sister also did the Mother and Baby classes after her first child, and said they were great.

I've got family on the Shore, but nobody really close by, so am like you and keen to meet people in the vicinity. When are you due?

Claire
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 9:40pm
I reckon that should be fine. Most people go overdue with their first anyway.

DS was born in Feb so we had our classes at OPC NOV/DEC which was far too early (due to Xmas) so things werent fresh in our minds eg DH forgot where to go at the hospital! LOL

Your midwife should also go thru things like, pain relief options, breastfeeding etc so if you do miss classes because you give birth early you may have already gone thru it with your MW.

Oooh I just had an idea. If you cant do the AN classes there, you could ask to do the Baby and You classes afterwards.   It is for 6 weeks and you can join a group then.

All the best

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 10:32am
At our first class on Monday, we were told that the most important information is discussed in the first few sessions, just incase anyone has bubs early.

In saying that, all the important information you will need will be covered very early.
 Post Reply Post Reply