FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBeginning the IVF rollercoaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beginning the IVF rollercoaster
    Posted: 14 October 2008 at 1:32pm
After alot of thought, discussions with my DH and many sleepless nights, I have made the decision to make that possibly life changing phone call to Fert+. I have left a message for the nurses to call me back so I can find out where we start. (we have already had our orientation and one follow up visit)   PLEASE....if there is anyone out there going thru their first IVF cycle or beginning IVF soon, please respond. I don't have any family in NZ, as I moved here from the USA (DH is a Kiwi). I desperately need somebody to share this experience with who will understand what I am going thru.    Don't get me wrong, I do have some very good support in the form of in-laws and friends, but nobody I know has any first hand experience with IVF.
A bit of history about me and my situation:
I am 38 years old and have been married for 11 years. (yes I am one of those women who decided to wait until the 'time was right' to have children) I was diagnosed with Fibroids about 5 years ago, for which I had a myomectomy. I had several other problems arrise following the operation but eventually my cycles seemed to return to 'normal'. I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and little or no endometrium/lining. My uterus is also enlarged and mis-shaped due to the myomectomy and the fibroids have returned but are not too big yet. My doc suggested that we try IVF, as none of these issues are a 'show stopper', but could possibly make implantation more difficult.   
I will keep updating this site as things unfold for myself. I look forward to hearing from a fellow IVFer.

Edited by Bert
Sponsored Links

Caronz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caronz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 6:17pm
hi ya,
Just thought Id pop in and say hi. I am not doing IVF at the moment but I did do ICSI with IVF last year so I know what you are going though. Our issue was male factor so I have no idea about all the other things you are having to deal with.
Sadly ICSI didnt work for us but we now know that that we tried everythingwe could, and are happy that we did it! I would reccomend anyone who is having trouble deciding to just do it! At least then you know you tried! sorry if this comes accross a bit negitive, I didnt mean it to. Good luck with your treatment.
Caro
honeybun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 4:12pm
Hi Bert I am due to start my first IVF cycle in December so not too long to go now. I have thought about it alot and am prepared to try it so I have no regrets later. I have recently joined the local infertility support group which has been great to talk to those that have been through IVF or due to start. A really good friend of mine has just recently gone through IVF with ICSI and is now 11weeks pregnant so have talked to her about it a bit which has been helpful as well.

A bit about me I am 34 and my hubby and I have a nearly 5yr old daughter and it took 2yrs and clomiphene to become pregnant with her. This time round we have tried it all clomiphene, IUI and now we are eligable for public funding for IVF so hoping for the best.

Have you heard back from Fert+ yet?
Mum to a gorgeous 5yr old girl and a beautiful baby boy.
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 5:06pm
I've had no experiance with IVF itself but just wanted to send you big this infertility rollercoster is truely a hard journey but like honeybun we were prepared to do IVF just so there were no regrets and we couldn't think 'what if' a couple of years down the track. you have found a good forum for support the ladies in the infertility threads are just lovely and super supportive. i wish you all the luck in the world for your cycle and look foward to hearing about your BFP at the end of it (and yours too honeybun )

Daizy01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 5:33pm
Hi Bert,

I've had 2 ICSI treatments. Both BFN. Just wanted to wish you luck with your IVF. I've got everything crossed for you.

Don't forget to keep us updated now and then.

All the best.
2 ICSI Cycles (Both BFN)
Bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 12:25pm
Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and sending your positive wishes. I have heard back from Fert+ and won't be able to start treatment until March 09, so I am just take the next few months to focus on losing some weight and enjoying the holidays.
I will continue to check in here from time to time.
JenCal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 6:44pm
With Christmas around the corner and summer, March 09 will arrive really quickly. And like you say, you now have a tangible date to work towards getting your body extra healthy for baby!

Congrats on being on the list!
Mazza70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazza70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 4:16pm
Hi, just wanted to wish you luck and offer a bit of advice too. (Took me three years to get pregnant, including 4 rounds of IUI that were unsuccessful, then our first round of IVF worked and we have a gorgeous son, now almost 2yo). As time went on I found the whole infertility thing harder and harder to cope with. It was "unexplained" so every month your hopeful, then disappointed when your period arrives again.

I joined a support group and it was useful to talk to other people who where in the same situation but no one I met through it had had a successful pregnancy and that did start to get me down.

By the time we started IVF I really didn't expect it to work. It was pretty much one day at at time asking myself "do I want to continue with this?" Just wanted to let you know that a positive outcome is possible, even when you think it's not going to be!

Good luck.
M

pooh68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooh68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 7:34pm
Hi
Well just signed up to this website and so new to all of this.

At the age of 40 (still cannot believe thats my age but thats another story) I started IVF 3 with Fert+ weeks ago and am going for the first scan tomorrow to see how I am doing. Have to say that so far its not been too bad and haven't turned into some hormal crazy woman that I was expecting.

LIke you Bert I'm from overseas (UK) and married to a Kiwi and although his support is amazing (he's washing up the dishes as I sit here) I do miss not having my oldest and closest friends around!

So would love to hear from anyone who like me has just started their IVF journey or is about to and hopefully we can share some of this together!
tarn22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarn22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2008 at 4:36pm
hi pooh and bert you will find alot of help in these forums and its great to watch each others progress , all the best for your beginning cycles i will be keeping a eye out for ya and hope you can join the babies dues after IVF very soon

IVF#1 BFP :)

Daizy01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 9:52am
Hi Pooh,

Wow, good luck with your IVF cycle. I really wish you all the best. Please keep us posted as to your progress along the way.

2 ICSI Cycles (Both BFN)
Bert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 7:59pm
Hi Pooh,
Apologies for not checking back sooner. I just wanted to see how your test results turned out and how things are going?   I hope it is all going well. I won't be starting until March so unfortunately I won't much help to you, but I would definitely appreciate any updates you have to give as it would take away alot of the worry I have at the moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply