FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked’funny heart feeling’

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
solitairediamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solitairediamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’funny heart feeling’
    Posted: 18 October 2008 at 8:08pm
Sorry I couldn't really explain what I was meaning in the title lol. I've been getting these funny feelings with my heart beat in the last week. I get kinda breathy at times and feel my heart beat thumping up in my throat if that makes any sense at all! lol. Midwife says its relatively common for pregnant women to get it?? Any experience out there? Its kind of scary!
[IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/9p2jp12.png [IMG]
Sponsored Links

Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 8:11pm
Hi there, i dont know if i have experienced the same thing...

Some times ill be lying in bed or sitting in a chair and then it feels like my heart is beating very very fast and i can feel the beating in my neck even though i dont have my fingers on the pulse.

But seen as it happens when im not doing anything exhausting i dont know what it is.

I havent thought much about it though so havent asked my midwife.
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 8:18pm
You're probably experiencing a really mild form of tachycardia, or brief heart palpitations - totally normal during pregnancy AFAIK, due to increased blood volume and the heart having to work a little bit harder. If you start getting other symptoms though, or you are in any way concerned, get it checked out.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 8:48pm
I had this with my 3 pregnancies!  In my first pregnancy when I started getting them (around 7 months) it really freaked me out and thought I was going to have a heart attack or something.  MW assured me it was normal.  I got really breathless too in my pregnancies.  Not an easy thing to go through, i hated it.  With my 2nd & 3rd pregnancies it started earlier, around 4 or 5 months, and latest the whole way through.  Very annoying.
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Pearls Pearls wrote:

You're probably experiencing a really mild form of tachycardia, or brief heart palpitations - totally normal during pregnancy AFAIK, due to increased blood volume and the heart having to work a little bit harder. If you start getting other symptoms though, or you are in any way concerned, get it checked out.

What are the other symptoms??
Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 9:55pm
I can't lie down in any position without getting this. I can feel my heart beat right through my body through to my toes and finger tips. It's like a loud woosh woosh woosh and it feels like my heart is going to burst out my chest. I'm kind of used to it now.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:03pm
Yep i got this aswell, it is quite scary! What I found helped was to take some deep breaths in and out and it passes after a few mins.
My midwife also said its normal.

Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:05pm
It still surprises me when i found out all these new things to do with babys and pregnancy.

I didnt think it was normal but i thought i would wait it out and then forgot to mention it to the midwife, glad to hear though that alot of peoples midwifes say this is normal...

Even if it doesnt feel normal haha
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:37pm
Other symptoms such as dizziness, swelling, headaches...
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
Aithne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aithne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:38pm
Ah ok, well ive had headaches, they only started recently though and ive noticed some swelling, and i had dizziness awhile ago...

So i think unless i have those all at once then im fine haha

Thanx Pearls
Danaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 10:53pm
Dehydration can also do those things. It can be hard to gauge what is normal and what's not. I've had headaches, dizzy spells and water retention but found I wasn't drinking enough water. You'd be surprised how eating regularly and keeping hydrated can help.
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 11:18pm
Solitaire - Yah I had them with DD and have them every so often with this one for a couple of months too.....I know its weird when you get them but I think its common in pregnancy too.

xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 9:31am
Solitaire I have them to, &  I panic sometimes thinking Im gonna have a heartattack also. Mine are so loud sometimes and it feels like a kind of a throbbing, mine come and go but they are scary...especially when my heart beats double time...
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 10:02am
ive had them the last few years but they were a form of panic attack even when i didnt realise id been thinking about anything or i was stressed. i have had it a couple of times since pregnant but dont know if its the pregnancy or not but good to know its not uncommon in pregnancy and wont be doing any harm. get your blood pressure checked to be on the safe side and keep your fluids right up. if you go to a gym as them to do your blood pressure each week i did it for one of my cleints when she was pregnant and it made her heaps more relaxed just knowing it was ok.

solitairediamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solitairediamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:31pm
Thanks so much for your replies everyone. I had no idea it was so common! I feel a lot more relaxed now!

I was particularly worried because the only time i felt something similiar was 3 weeks ago when I was admitted to hospital with kidney stones and had a cocktail of drugs put thru my IV line thingee and i went tachycardic... So was worried they'd damaged my heart or something lol silly I know.

Edited by solitairediamond
[IMG]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/9p2jp12.png [IMG]
Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:43pm
I have just started getting a similar thing happen over the last few weeks. I can feel my pulse beating in my neck and can hear it in my ears. Also sometimes I can feel the blood pulsing over my bump. I think my heart skipped a beat last night, but not sure. Will keep an eye on things and if it happens again will give the MW a call. I am just putting it all down to increased blood flow.
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 12:52pm
I got that with my first pregnancy and freaked out! Went to docs, had ecg test which showed I was perfectly fine and I got to pay $75 bucks for it - so annoying. I've had it again this time too but didn't worry about it and it will pass eventually so you prob won't have to put up with it the whole pregnancy ;-)
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 5:55pm
solitairediamond, I agree with the others, so totally normal.
I have always had them for as long as I can rememeber and my Dr said it's quite common more even non-pregnant people!
During the first trimester I found that I had them more often and they were extra loud and hard but since then I havn't had them at all! Pregnancy seems to have cured the palpitations and also my migraines

But yes, they are very common in pregnancy.
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 8:26pm
Chickoin I was getting them a lot before getting preg too, but havent had any so far *knocks on desk*

I found that what triggered the 'episodes' was my breathing in and bending down to pick something up off the floor, or get something out of cupboard a little too quickly at the same time... and the only way they would stop was lying down for a minute then holding my breath for a few seconds, and it would stop as suddenly as it started...

I am so glad this is 'normal' lol... I have spent the last couple of years thinking something was seriously wrong as there is history of heart probs in my mothers family..
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 9:45am
I would get them from bending over too, but mostly from lying down. They were worse if I was changing my exercise routine too. Which is probably why they get worse in pregnancy, heart is working harder? I just take a big breath, and my heart sorta catches up

The Dr said that as long as they don't change suddenly like get painful or suddenly getting HEAPS of them then it's nothing to be concerned about

Edited by Chickoin
 Post Reply Post Reply