FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1st Fertility appointment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ab-b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ab-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Fertility appointment
    Posted: 31 October 2008 at 3:27pm
Hi there,
I am going for my first appointment at Fertility Associates in 2 weeks and was just wondering what kind of things they do at the first visit? we have been TTC #2 for 8 months with no luck and I had blood tests last week which showed that I am not ovulating. DS was conceived after 3 months but we wernt trying. I think the Depo injection is to blame for all of this!

All feedback/help is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2008 at 10:05pm
For my first appointment we talked about my cycles, my medical history and health and DH's. We'd done our blood tests/sperm tests prior so he went over those and then he did an ultra sound to check out my uterus and ovaries (it was one of those internal ones so I guess be ready for that).

I found it quite good and it felt quite worthwhile, I wasn't expecting the examination on the 1st appointment so it was good to be able to have all that done at once and feel like I got my moneys worth. He then pretty much outlined where we'd go from there - which was a laparoscopy so we went away to find out a bit about that and if I could get it privately or not. Pretty thorough I felt.

Good luck! I felt heaps better about being proactive and going to see them and felt like we were on track. I've heard lots of other positive stories about Fertility Associates too.
chickpea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 12:53pm
Hi Ab-b. My experience was much the same as what Chelle stated: discussed my cycles, med history, health, weight etc. We had already done blood and sperm tests prior so discussed that also. I went straight on the waiting list for a laporoscopy and only had to wait 6months for that. Went straight onto IVF after lap (had to wait about 2 months to starth the cycle though.
 Post Reply Post Reply