FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOvulation Testing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daizy01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ovulation Testing
    Posted: 03 November 2008 at 2:34pm
Hi There,

Can anyone recommend the best way to test ovulation - urine testing or saliva microscope?

All advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
2 ICSI Cycles (Both BFN)
Sponsored Links

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2008 at 12:46am
Daizy I dont know about the Microscope but I have been using OPK's with reasonable sucess lately. Good luck
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
mummymegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummymegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 2:10pm
The saliva microscope is a waste of time and money. I bought one and it remains in my draw. OPK and temping is about the best.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 4:43pm
I agree with the others OPKs and temperatures work best for me. I could never get the microscope thing to work.
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 8:47pm
I'll go against the grain a little and say that I bought a saliva microscope and so far it has worked really well for me - the trick for me was learning to interpret the 'results' properly and finding out what others experiences had been. Luckily I got one on TradeMe so it wasn't nearly as expensive as buying one retail. Oh, and the brand I got was Maybe Baby, though I know that there is one called Fertile Focus too, and maybe a third but I can't remember the brand name.

If you have any more questions about the saliva scope feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
Daizy01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 2:13pm
Thank you girls for your replies. Much appreciated. I might try and suss out the Fertility Friend website charting. Not sure how to go about it yet but will do my best.
2 ICSI Cycles (Both BFN)
 Post Reply Post Reply