FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGisborne mums group?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
Author
ratbagzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratbagzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gisborne mums group?
    Posted: 18 November 2008 at 6:26pm
Just wondering if there is a Gisborne mums or expecting mums group or anyone wanting to form a group?? Im 24 with DS (6), DD (4) and #3 in the oven :)

Edited by ratbagzz
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 6:57pm
Hi ya!

Im Kelly, Im 28 and have a 2 year old girl. We meet up regularly with Neoshasmummy (Jess) and emmaohara (emma) who are both on here too. We all go to mainly music at central baptist church on tues am at 9.30am.

Are u new to Gisborne?

Do u go to any music or play groups already?

ratbagzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratbagzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 8:50pm
hi! no im not new to Gisborne, I just dont have many mummy friends as I'm still young and most my friends are still single and childless lol. Thought I'd check out the online mummy groups so I could catch up with some like minded lady's for a chat :)

I've heard of mainly music but I think my kids have outgrown the toddler groups (my youngest starts primary school next term). We used to attend Mangapapa playcentre and the toddler gym when they were younger but that seems to have been replaced by preschool/school activities and wanting to have mates over/be at mates houses.

I thought with #3 on the way I should get back in touch with other mums for that sanity relief of being able to talk to other adults instead of the daily goo gaa stuff if u know what I mean lol.

Do any of you have school aged kids?
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 9:07pm
I live by the mangapapa playcentre, but didnt like it when I went there.

Nah I only have Isla, Jess has an 18 month old, and Emma has a 2 1/2yr old and a 6 month old. We are all sahm's tho, and keen to meet up whenever!
When is your baby due?
ratbagzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratbagzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2008 at 9:13pm
Yes I've heard mangapapa playcentre has gone downhill majorly since I was there. It used to be great 4yrs ago lol. Baby is due June next year. I'm only a couple of months along, just getting over the morning sickness hump (yay!)

I'm a SAHM too, mostly lol. Just scored a job three mornings a week while kids are at school. DH and I are trying to whack out some bills before baby comes. Other than that I'm doing a summer school paper through massey but most my days are kinda boring lol

Mon
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 10:10am
Oh thats cool about your job. I would love a part-time job, 2 days a week max, but so far nothings worked out.

Yeah I tried going to Managapapa playcentre twice, and it was awful. I has since heard of several others that have found the same thing, so its not just me! Bit of a shame since we live so close. Isla goes to daycare 3 mornings a week tho, and loves it!
ratbagzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratbagzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 12:32pm
awww I bet she does! What daycare does she go to? My daughter attends Montessori and really loves it there but she's looking forward to being with her big brother at St Marys in term 1 next yr :)
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2008 at 1:22pm
Shes at Manaaki Tamariki. We are hoping to send Isla to St Marys. Do u know anything about the enrollment/application process for non-catholics? I was gonna ring them soon an find out.
I cant believe Jess and Emma havent seen this thread yet! Lol!

ratbagzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratbagzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 8:20am
I just re-read the online names of jess & emma and I think I've seen some of the things emma is selling on trademe, some maternity clothes. I'm getting slightly uncomfortable in my clothes around the waist so have been looking around for maternity stuff. Emma's stuff is a bit small for me though.

My kids went to Manaaki Tamariki too, it was really handy when I was going to polytech and still breastfeeding. They're a little bit small compared to other daycares but I thought all the staff were really nice and it had a lovely atmosphere!

Yep I know quite a bit about St Mary's enrolments. We're non-catholics too and never go to church but the child can get in quite easy if he/she has a grandparent that is catholic. My mum is a catholic so we got in ok. Even if the child doesnt have a catholic grandparent he/she is still able to get in but there is a preference list type thing. 1st preference goes to kids with older siblings at the school, 2nd preference goes to kids with catholic parents/grandparents, then comes non-catholic kids. As a catholic school they are only allowed a certain percentage of non-catholics. Seems discriminative I know.

My son is doing extremely well there so I'm happy with the school. It can be expensive, especially with the uniform (but I've managed to score alot 2nd hand in great condition) and dioces fee's (which have nothing to do with the school but cost about $350 per year for one child). The school fee's arent that bad at about $90 per year. But all this can seem pretty daunting if you dont plan ahead for it every year.

Was just looking at that pic of your daughter, she's gorgeous!!

Mon

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 10:01am
Thanks for the info. Do u think theres much point putting her name down now, if I can? We want to start saving for it now, and actually thats a lot cheaper than we expected, so thats cool.

Yeah we are really happy with Manaaki Tamariki. The main reason we sent her there was that my sil works there, and her daughter goes there too, so Isla has her aunty and cousin there with her. Also Isla was allergic to diary products (since out grown-ow only intollernet to dairy, and a bunch of other things), and we liked that they have a seperate dining room that is only used for eating, so there was not much chance of her pickig up and eating something potenially very dangerous to her when she was playing. And with SIL there she was able to keep a close eye on the food too. They have been so great with all Isla's food issues which has made it so nice for us.

PP has big sales at the mo, although I havent checked out the maternuty stuff, lol, but I did get lots of stuff from there when I was preg.

ratbagzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratbagzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 1:34pm
yes i went into PP the other day, I was too focused on all the NB stuff that I forgot to take a look at the maternity stuff lol so will have to pop in there again. Whats your SILs name? I might know her from when my kids were there, or has she only started there recently?

Yep I think you're able to put Isla's name down at St Mary's now, at least that'll put you guys near the top of the list for non-catholics so you should definately get a place. Good on you for getting onto the whole school thing early! Its a really important thing. Alot of parents leave it till the last minute and dont always get into their first school choice.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 2:12pm
Yeah we wont to sort out the best place for her. DH been nagging me to ring up! Thanks again for the info.

My sil's name is Julie. She been there forever, lol!
Dh and I only been in Gizzy a year, but he is from here and all his family are still here too. Im from Auck, but havent lived there since march 2003!
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 3:04pm
So how the heck have I not nticed this??

Im Jess and as Kelly said we have a 18 month old who lately has been acting more like a 18 year old When did that little madam pop out??

About me? shopaholic, laybyaholic, diet cokeaholic all round great MAD woman hehe just turned 20 on the 16th WOOHOOO and got engaged on DF's 30th Bday in October.. DOUBLE WOO HOOO. Currently doing a Bachelor of business with a double major in accounting and management via the open poly.
Hey this sounds like im on a dating site?

Anyway we are originally from Auckland but have been here two years but lived in Hamilton for a little bit in between so I knew ZERO young mums with babies... then met Kellz. As she said we regularly meet up, visit eachother, go for coffee, library and wanders through town so that provides a small amount of sanity!! Most people are always like hey i know you from somewhere, no it's not because I look like Angelina Jolie HAHAHA I worked in Farmers for ages in nursery and cosmetics.

Anyway should have a meetup at some stage! Oh and congrats about the soon to be new addition!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:03pm
Lol Jess that does so sound like a personals ad! LMAO!!
ratbagzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratbagzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 4:23pm
Oh gosh Kellz, Julie's name sounds REALLY familiar but its been like three yrs since my kids were there lol, is she the skinny blonde one??

HI JESS!! was wondering when u or emma were going to join us! Damn u sound like one crazy chicky!! my kind of lady lol! And I wouldnt go throwing that Angelina Jolie theory out the window just yet! bet you've got the roman numerals tat hidden somewhere!

Hey I'm majoring in Accounting too!! this is the end of my second year at Massey studying by correspondence. It sux but I'm not gonna get the career by sittin on my arse I guess

Meeting up sounds like a good idea, as long as its not somewhere like mainly music as I think I'll look unstable if I try to get my foetus to dance or sing along LOL ...yes I can just picture it now... me walking in asking if I can get my foetus in for half price...

Edited by ratbagzz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 6:59pm
Hahahaha yeah that's true! Should go for coffee somewhere public so you know we aren't a bunch of serial killers. Nah go to poverty bay club or something at some stage. whenever is good I guess.

Im first year eeeek so much work to do it's crazy, hey Gisborne is so small we may end up working at the same place!

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 7:04pm
Accounting *yawns* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol!!

Lol dont worry about looking unstable,.. I AM unstable!

A cafe is good for us,... probable poverty bay club cafe, so the kids can run around.

Yeah Julie has worked there since she left school. Shes really skinny, has shortish brown hair- sometimes with very blonde highlights tho. There is a short blonde chick there, but dont think she been there that long. There are no other young pakeha chicks there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 7:10pm
Stabbing people with needles, bowel obstructions and spinal compression thingys... yes that's much more interesting Kellz

Yeah Poverty Bay CLub is the best.

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 7:14pm
Hehe! Reading my cv has severly traumatised u eh?!!
Hey u wanna come with me to the Dr to get my sticches out tomorrow??!!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 7:15pm
Lol Jess about the serial killer comment- the first time we met u came to my house!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>