FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSaying Please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 3:09pm

Leahs pretty good and says it most of the time unprompted, but will say it straight away if I have to remind her. Also if she is trying to give me something and i'm not paying attention I hear "thank you Leah" and she is reminding me to say thank you to her for whatever she was doing....very cute.

Sponsored Links

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 8:07pm
I know shes stubborn (well sounds it) but go on as yo umean to - I don't mean you are always going to give in to her stubborness but if she was a teenager and did that (and she well could) you wouldn't stand for it....

When rhyley doesn't say Thank you (or please although hes pretty good at that) I first say 'What do you say" if he doesnt say it I tell him to give me it back (what ever it is) he normally does say "Q" BUT there has been times he hasnt and so I have taken it off him - he will get upset but normally manages a thank Q and if not hes not got it....

You could just say after she ask for it 'what the magic word' and make a game of it.... or the straight to the point of 'If you say Please....you can have it" if she throws a tanty walk away and leave her to it - if she follows you say 'Say please' Don't give her the attention about it - unless its life or death she doesnt need to have what she is throwing a tanty for because she won't use her manner....

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:21pm
We've started teaching Noah to say please and hes slowly getting the idea. I don't think your too early at all Fiona. Elle will get the idea.
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2008 at 9:44pm
Elle is just stubborn :)

At her 2nd b'day it came time to sing happy b'day and although she loves being the centre of attention and loves singing happy birthday, I obviously sounded too eager when I said "come here Elle everyone is going to sing happy birthday" as she suddenly went from being very compliant to sitting on the floor refusing to move! Everyone sung to her while she sat at the other end of the house being stubborn LOL.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
emmakate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmakate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 9:28pm
i've just started indie a month or so ago on the please and thank yous'. i just made a 'sign' to go with the words (baby sign i think but you can make up what ever!!)
so
"please" - i hold my hand flat, about an inch away from my chest and make circular motion ( kinda like 'i'm hungry' but higher up.)

"thankyou" - hold your hand open, (palm facing you) fingertips touching your chin and then bring it out in front of you. (it's kinda hard to explain actions!!)

anyway, this worked for me and indie. in the beginning if she wanted something i'd say please and make the action, and she'd copy the action and then get what she wanted. slowly she started saying the word too. so now it's unprompted most of the time and if she forgets i just make the action and she remembers the word 'please or thank you'.   
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:02pm
Well I am glad to report that Miss stubborn said please several times today and was delighted with my over enthusiastic congratulatory response :)

Mean mummy has won (this time!!)
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 10:23pm
YAY Fiona

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 10:04am
Yay Fiona!! And I don't think you're being mean mummy at all. Saying please and thank you I feel are important manners and as another mum said to me yesterday it's so important to teach them good manners right from the very start.

Maddie says please and thank you and in the last few weeks has often started to say both unprompted.

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 10:37am
Yay go Fiona! I agree with Paws,..its just another inportant thing we need teach them from an early age! It has derfiantly imporved our manners too, as we are much more aware of saying please and thank you to each other too!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2008 at 4:46pm
Yay Fiona, nice to know that all we say to our wee darlings isn't falling on deaf ears!
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2008 at 9:35pm
Kahtrell says please excessively when he wants a drink!. He sometimes says thank you after things have been given to him.

Shorty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 1:16pm
Aw yay that is great progress

We have always just said please and thank you to our boy when he is supposed to do it. He will now say please unpromted and just needs a slight reminder every now and again to say thank you.
He knows if he wants something he has to ask nicely! lol even when somthing is difficult he says P L E A S E help me really scartastily (sp?) but it means the same I think lol

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 4:58pm
Isabella says please when prompted but not a chance she'll say "thankyou" - it doesnt matter how much you beg, plead, remind, cajole... we're hoping she'll do it eventually if we just keep saying it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12