FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSqueling!!!! please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alan & Bubbles Mummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan & Bubbles Mummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Squeling!!!! please help
    Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:11pm
My son has started squealing all the time we have tried to ingnore it, but that can be really hard when it is so ear piercing has anyone got any tips please we are at the end of our rope with this one.

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 10:26pm
you could try singing... my son went thru a squealing stage and it does pass. ignoring is prob best tho. even tho it is hard.

deharn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deharn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 8:14am
I am sorry, I can only offer sympathy as we are aslo experiencing this at the moment. We too try to ignore it however as you say it is hard at times escpecially in public.
I am sure that Sam's is attention/boredom/tiredness and as this is a negative behaviour I am working on the theory that you "ignore the negative and praise the positive". If he is doing it I won't interact with him however when he has a break from the screams I will talk to him.

Hopefully somebody has some experienced tips that can help.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2006 at 9:07am
jack went through this too and sorry i can't offer much except just ignore it. i know, very hard to do!!

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 8:16pm
Charlotte was never much of a screamer until we got in big spaces that echoed - like car park buildings, malls etc. I ignore it if she ever does it at home and we never had a problem there but in the malls I just go really quiet and go 'shhh, inside voice please' in a whisper and she starts copying me going 'shhh shhh' with her finger at her mouth. But like I said she was never much of one so I don't know if it will work for a seasoned screamer!
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

emeldee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emeldee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 3:55pm
We're going through this at the moment. The worst part is when we are in the car and Andrew decides it is squealing time. I can cope with the disapproving looks from the people in shops when he squeals, can even cope when he squeals through my phone conversations, but there is nothing like being stuck in a car on the motorway with a squealer!
I've looked through loads of parenting books and sites and all they say to do is ignore it. I figure that it will have to pass one day - I mean, he won't be able to hit notes that high in a decade and a bit anyway

Post Reply Post Reply