FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFinding it hard to be a Mum today...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding it hard to be a Mum today...
    Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:20pm
I just read Marlene's post about her darling boys, and I have to say right about now I can so relate. Maya has a nasty case of tonsilitis, has had a fever now for 5 days, 4 trips to the doctor, the antibiotics *might* (touch wood) finally be working today, and I am just soooo tired.

I know it's not her fault that she's sick, and she's grumpy and needy, but it's so hard not to lose my temper when she cries inconsolably and won't tell me what I can do to fix it. Plus she's been sleeping in my bed (Willie's in the spare room) so I don't have to get up to her half a dozen times a night, but the flipside is that I don't get much sleep in between her grizzling and wriggling in her sleep. And I am still feeling revolting with morning sickness myself.

How on earth am I going to cope when the twins are here?
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:24pm
Big hugs to you Emma
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:28pm

your doing a fantastic job already emma, dont get discouraged
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:31pm
Emma... You will manage when the twins are here, because you just have to. Hope that doesnt sound horrible, but I'm sure we all felt that way when we were preggers (altho, only with 1!!). Hope Maya feels better soon and you get a better sleep tonight
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
3under3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3under3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:37pm
Hey Emma - it's completely normal to feel overwhelmed when you're tired. Maybe Willie can have a night to look after her (or another family member) so you can have a full nights sleep?
You'll feel a whole lot better about it all in a week or two when you've both recovered and wonder why/how you felt like this.
The newborn twin stage doesn't last too long and you'll have a support network around you as well.
Are you taking multi vits yet? One thing that I do is have a handful of (wait for it ....) peanuts and raisins at lunch/afternoon tea when I'm tired and that gets me through the rest of the day. Women avoid these b/c we know they're fattening, but a handful when you're exhausted can't do any harm.
Rosie
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 9:02pm
Hey Emma, just been reading old treasures mags, Can you get some kind of help when the twins get here from WINZ? Like some nursing hours or something like that?
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 9:42pm
Yeah i think you should be able to qualify for something?

can totally relate to you was going to post the other day about the same thing, Ayja has decided that 1 sleep a day, of 1 hour is all good. then proceeds to spend the afternoon screaming away in her cot when she is clearly tired - no matter what i do nothing works, getting her up, feeding her, ensuring routine, leaving her till she;s really tired, leaving her to cry, resettling.. NOTHING

she then will sit in her highchair at dinner time and pretty much fall asleep - actually she DID fall asleep the other night. she was sleeping as i lifted her up and stuck her in bed but nooooo still she stood up and screamed. we then spend the night doing the same until she finally falls at about 10.30 lately leaving us to try and do housework, and anything else we have to. she full on choked the other night after inhaling aleaf also - leaving me trying frantically to get the leaf out of her windpipe for about 5 mins, all the time thinking that she would stop breathing. Paris is being a bit of a brat too and screams and yells and tantrums at nothing, bites, stomps, hits and is nasty, and it all just feels ick. I hate how i act, i hate how they act, i just want my happy healthy kids again.. and sleeeep.

Hang in there Emma. I can relate and feel for you as being preg and tired just makes everything so much worse and hard to handle.

Hope it all gets better for you.,

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:04pm
Hey Emma. Big hugs. Maya will be right in a couple of days. While shes sick dont sweat the small stuff like house work etc. Have scrambled eggs or spaghetti for dinner. And when the twins arrive you will be awesome! Remember something just kicks in when your a new mum and you can go weeks with hardly any sleep. Now if i have one grotty night i feel like crap the next morning. I always wonder how i survived all those months when Jayde was sick.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:05pm
Can I ask how she managed to inhale a leaf ?? I'm hoping it's a salad leaf rather than an outdoor leaf, ick LOL
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:05pm
Oh Janine just read your post too. They can be brats sometimes aye. But dont you love em when they are asleep.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
k&jsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k&jsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:26pm
Oh emma I so know the feeling. And yep about the help from WINZ - its if you have twins and an older child under the age of 5. Cant remember how many hours it is but just give them a call and find out

Re the coping once they are here - well I told my friend yesterday that I was mailing a boy to her after Jaidyns poo thing lol.
But seriouly you will be fine. You just have to learn to take advantage of all offers of help and to ask for it is you need it.
Also i was reading an old treasures and they said to write a list of things you need doing (when the bubs are here) like the dishes or fold washing etc so when you get visitors and they ask if there is anything they can do you get them to pick something off the list to do and cross it off.
I thought that was a great idea and wish I had known when the boys were younger
Marlene
Keegan ~ 14 October 2003
Jaidyn ~ 14 October 2003

deharn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deharn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 8:13am
Hope Maya had a better night Emma? It's pretty tough being a mummy sometimes, and we wouldn't be human if we didn't get frustrated - we have all done it I am sure. (I know I have)

You are a great mummy, that's why you have been chosen to have twins because somebody somewhere knows you will be awesome.
As mumma's we just do what we have to do, we won't always get it right, not always feel like we can do it but we will and we do.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 8:17am
Big hugs, Emma!

You can do it! And we're all here for you to vent to when your family is driving you nuts!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:38am
Wow, thanks ladies! You guys are just so awesome! It really does help to know that I'm not the only one who feels like teh worst mother in the world some days.

Maya is much better today, she slept in my bed again last night, but slept ok, so tonight she will be back in her own bed for sure. And her temp is down, and she was bouncing around to Blues Clues not long ago, so hopefully that's a good sign too.

Janine - you hang in there too! I'm sure Miss Ayja will EVENTUALLY give in and crash out. Either that or she'll grow out of needing so much sleep and not be so grumpy when she's awake.

Maria - I totally agree - I didn't seem to notice getting up to feed Maya when she was newborn, but now I get soooo resentful at having to get up to her. I guess coz I know that she CAN sleep thru if she wants too.

Marlene - My brother in London sent me an email saying he hopes the twins are boys like him (he was such a full on kid, Denis the Menace had nothing on him). So I told him he could expect a baby in the post sometime before Christmas!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 9:31pm
Emma - glad to hear it isn't to much atm.. atleast you know it does get better! In the mean time, make the most of any help you can get!!!

And Jax - re: kids choking on leaves (or ANYTHING) you'll be surpised what they find! I can't wait until you have your babe and you discover the delights of an explorative little mongrel!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:41pm

OH Nikki,u r so mean pmsl

BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
 Post Reply Post Reply