FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChiropractor - helped reflux?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chiropractor - helped reflux?
    Posted: 03 December 2008 at 11:50am
Has anyone taken their baby to a chiropractor (or osteopath) to help their reflux? If so, have you had success? I've heard that they can help a lot, and I had a difficult birth so perhaps that could be contributing to her reflux?

And can anyone recommend one in Wellington? It is a bit scary taking my little baby to a chiropractor, so I'd want to make sure they're good!
Sponsored Links

Nefertiti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nefertiti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 12:11pm
I took my girl to someone when she was about 4-5 weeks old. Now it was nearly 9 years ago so can't remember what his title was now...but it was something to do with cranial therapy.

For her it didn't work.....but have heard it works for some babies.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 12:21pm
I took Isla to an osteopath when she was 3 weeks old cos she was extremly unsettled.We went a few times and it did really help,...she wasnt diagnised with reflux until she was 5 months old, but we can pinpoint the day it started to day 4!

I would ring them and ask them what they can do to help, what exactly is involved,..the osteopath just held Isla in different postions. What happens if baby crys badly and u cant continue- will u be refunded? Ask the cost and how many sessions u are likely to need.

Good luck!
soph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 1:40pm
Doesn't work for my son and osteopath suggested might be food-allergy related reflux despite I was on dairy-free diet. We did later learnt he is allergic to soy and wheat! so...
BUT very good gained out of this visits to osteopath was did prevent my son having surgery to drain his ears! He was failed his two hearing tests due to fluids in his ear, wasn't till after we been to osteopath, I notice my son's response to sound, his face was lit up and smiling. Just like he was different child, hard to explain. Next day he had his third hearing test and passed! No need for surgery, phew...
I did later learnt about osteopath can help drain the ears in SOME babies too.
 Post Reply Post Reply