FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF with ICSI?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
purpledragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpledragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF with ICSI?
    Posted: 03 December 2008 at 2:08pm
For those of you who have gone through this procedure, I would like to ask a couple of questions.
How much does it cost?
Which place is the best place to go to for it?
Do you have to have a certain amount of sperm before it can be done?
Any info on this would be great.
TIA
Tania
Tania & Les
Nicholas 18
Vaughn 15
Lisa 10
Tara 5yrs

Gestational Surrogate for couple in Whakatane
Egg collection week of 4th Oct
Embryo transfer week of 11th Oct
Sponsored Links

hotleo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 8:27pm
Hi Purple Dragon

We are about to go through this process, booked in for Egg Collection May 09. We are going through Fertility Associates, Neil Buddicom. Luckily enough we have managed to get public funding for IVF ICSI.
I have heard the costs are from $10,000 to $15,000. Due to poor quality boys... morphology bad, motility bad and count very bad, but as they say they just need a few good ones to do the trick...so heres hoping. Waiting time is very draining. ( 1 Year) already on top of the 3 already been trying.

I hope this helps a little.
Gilli
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:34am
Hi Purple Dragon. We had IVF with ICSI late 2006. We went private and it cost approximately $11,000. We also used Neil Buddicom at Fertility Associates Auckland. I was lucky enough to have a very straight forward cycle and it was successful. Our Daughter is now 16 months old.
Lou
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 11:01am
We did IVF with ICSI too, and you can see where we're at

Which place is best? 6 of one, half a dozen of the other I think.

We went through Fertility Plus and although our cycle was publicly funded, a private cycle is less through them - more along the $8-$12,000 mark, and we found them to be really good. One thing to remember with private treatment is that if things aren't straight forward, it will add to your costs eg. we didn't down regulate first time, so I had to take buserelin for an extra few weeks.

With ICSI it only takes one sperm to fertilise an egg    Yay!

I think Fertility Associates have teh qualifying criteria on their website for publicly funded treatment - it might be worth a looksee just for your own info.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
hotleo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 5:48pm
Hi Tania

I see in another forum you mentioned agnus cactus??? Might have that a bit wrong...can you advise where you can buy this product from?

At the stage where we will try anything prior to FA.
I have been bringing menevit in from australia and went to a chinese doctor to get the herbs!!! LOL
But when we boiled them up....I certainly couldn't handle the smell let alone ask my partner to drink it.
Very funny though. Might be worth a try.......

Ginger and lulu, as we are only begining this journey would you be able to advise, if your okay, how long or how many cycles before you conceived? We have our first appointment in january, just needing a little bit of info so I don't go crazy with not knowing...... Maybe too late already!   

Gilli

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 7:51pm
Hi there,
My fiance and I have just finished our second cycle with IVF ICSI at Hamilton Fertility Associates. Definitely wait until you book an appointment because usually, if you require ICSI rather than conventional ivf then usually you would be allowed 2 funded cycles from the Government. My clinic charges $11,000 for a cycle if it were to be private.
I see the mention of Menevit in the last post. My fertility doctor gave us the option and we took it. It has made a huge difference in quality. It does not give extra sperm, but the quality difference is really good. We had to pay for this - $90 - well worth it because our last treatment we didn't use it and only got one fertilized egg by the time we were ready and this time we had 6.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 6:14pm
Hi, this message is for Lulu, if she is reading it. I see you were successful in treatment and have had a baby.

Please can you tell me. Days after transfer. Did you feel slight period cramps at all. I have felt mild cramping, but have been told some woman really do think they are going to get AF but have ended pregnant?

Kazper
Margs B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 11:53am
We did ICSI as well with FA in Wellington and found them great. We were public funded.

Kazper
I had period like cramp which felt like AF was on the way but ended up being pregnant. So its prefectly normal.
DS March 09 IVF
Angel Baby Jan 13
 Post Reply Post Reply