FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedallergic to chicken?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kathyandbub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyandbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: allergic to chicken?
    Posted: 10 December 2008 at 10:03pm
i gave noah some chicken the other day for the first time. not cooked in anything, and blended up. 10 mins later he came up in rash around mouth. I kept an eye on him and it slowly went down over the night. Could he be allergic to chicken?
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 10:35pm
Yep he could, it's possible to be allergic to absolutely anything. His face looks very similar to how my boy came out when he had strawberry except the blotches also broke out on his cheeks and forehead as well as where the strawberry had actually touched.
I would keep him off chicken and talk to your doc about next time you see them.

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 10:57pm
Yup, my friend's little girl was allergic to chicken.
She grew out of it by age 2 though.

OT but Noah is gorgeous, even with the rash!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyandbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:55am
oh thank you it was very hard to get him to stop smiling for the photo lol. hopfully he will grow out of it. im kinda at a loss to what i should be feeding him now he has veges and fruit 1-2 times a day is that right? hes 6 1/2 months.
heres what he kept doing

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 10:34am
Hehehe, too cute!

Sounds about right to me, just make sure you offer him milk first until about 8-9 months I think it is.

A couple of links I found with ideas for foods:

This one

Another one

Hope that helps!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 11:28am

My DH is allergic to chicken.  It's actually quite common ,especially for people (like my DH) who have had major stomach issues in the past, to become really sensitive to the bacteria in chicken.  DH usually feels sick the day after eating chicken and often throws up - you'd think that would stop him from eating KFC but no.

Hopefully your little guy grows out of it.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 1:35pm
He can also have beef, pork and lamb at his age if you want to introduce meat. You can just puree it up the same as you did with the chicken.
You can start introducing a few finger foods too, plunket have a guide that you can get for free off them with suggested foods for certain ages.
His eyes are really stunning.

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:48pm
Lamb is good - it's a low allergy food. Allergy to beef is not common either.
Pork allergy is more common and you also have to be very careful to cook pork very well or it can be dangerous.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyandbub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:55pm
thanks so much for all the tips. we went to the docs today as hes sick and i took the pic and mentioned it to the doctor and he said he had never herd of chicken allergy. weird but i am certian it was chicken so i just wont give him that.
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 6:00am
I don't think it's a very common one - maybe that's why. Here's a link if you like to read more about allergies guide

Post Reply Post Reply