FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPuke/Waiuku/Franklin Girls?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puke/Waiuku/Franklin Girls?
    Posted: 11 December 2008 at 12:06am
Wondering how many of us are lurking around these forums?

We're moving out that way in the coming weeks, really looking forward to it and would love to get out and about and meet new people.

So does anyone know of any groups for the littlies, activities etc that they'd recommend? My boys is going on 21months, any music and movement groups, coffee groups etc?

TIA
Sponsored Links

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2008 at 12:14pm
I'm not sure about the groups but I know there are a few of us living out this way, me and Sheza for starters.

What area are you moving to?
Lisa mummy to Ryan
VannesaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VannesaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2008 at 7:32pm
Hey Buzzybee - I'm in Tuakau. I have just been given a list of groups in Pukekohe - but was told they have all closed down for the holidays and won't be open again until late Jan or Feb. I'll be ringing the area co-ordinator early Jan to find out for sure and will post here what info I find out. I too want to get out and meet new people.

Good luck with your move!

Would love to catch up with any mums in the area - pm me if you want my cell/home number.

Muzzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muzzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2009 at 9:36pm
BuzzyBee my sister in law lives in Waiuku, I know she does music and movement at the pukeoware hall. I am in Papakura and will be taking my son to the one at Drury.

There are pools at Puke and Waiuku, as well as playgroups that are run by mums .

Where abouts are you moving to? There is a lot to do in Papakura if you can travel to there? I take my son to baby gym, swimming at aquanauts and music.

Nansay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nansay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 3:09pm
Hey yeh i'm from waiuku & i plunket has totts n tunes every second friday i think & they have a coffee group too but yeah don't where exactly your moving to & yes there is a pool but i'd rather take my little one to the pukekohe reccentre more to do for him. Plus there so many beaches out these ways and it is that time of the year for it.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 6:34pm
Eeew waiuku pool is icky and dodgy huh! We take Caden to puke, its good there.
I live about 20mins from all the beaches out the manukau heads

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 9:06am
hi ladies, so i'm not franklin area, but i'm papakura?

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 9:26am
I still count Papakura as Franklin area, kind of!

We should organize something for everyone out our way as all the Auck meet ups seem to be more central or over the shore!

A couple ideas for places would be: Botanic Gardens, Butterfly Creek, Glenbrook Steam Train (Only on weekends though), Plenty of beaches to choose from, Franklin Zoo, Parks etc. Feel free to add to that list :)

Much easier for us if we can do something closer to home etc, I'm not confident with travelling into town or over the harbour bridge
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 9:41am
yea totally up for something close by! even a trip to clark's beach maybe? it's only sort of twenty mins away. bit of a trip but fb beach for kids!

VannesaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VannesaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:03pm
Count me in .. I'm keen for a Franklin/Papakura get together .

I'll have a 5yr old in tow until school starts in February - but happy to go anywhere that is easy for everyone.

RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:38am
Oh... can I jump in too. I live in Thames but it's not that far to Puke, Franklin etc.

Will keep an eye on the posts or PM me.

No baby yet just one on the way so I hope bringing a baby along isn't a mandatory requirement.
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 4:58pm
If you guys meet up at Clarks Beach then could have meet up at my place? I live on Clarks Beach Road & I have a huge lawn, trampoline, playground etc. And could then head down to the beach (2mins away) when everyone arrives?

Edited by toniellis
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 10:02pm
that sounds like a fantastic plan toniellis! i personally grew up going to clarks beach often & took V there not long ago & found it BRILLIANT for kids!

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 11:04am
Yeah it is really good beach for kids. Nice shallow water for ages out & there is a playground.

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 5:05pm
a play ground? oh is that down by the wharf end? we go to the reserve part by lion rock

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 11:47am
The playground is down the end by the holiday park To be honest we don't go much because we go off our farm straight onto the beach anyway so need to drive down the road if I can just go for a good healthy walk & get to the beach. And also durin gscallop season there is always heaps of people down at the main beach

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
choosesuze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choosesuze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 12:14pm
Yaye a franklin group!! I'd love to jump in ladies. I'm in Waiuku, an at home mum sick of the 4 walls, woukld love to make new friends. Been a long time since I've done the baby thing, as I have a 13 & 8 yr old & bubs is 3mnths.
Yep lots of things to join out here. Plunket tots n tunes/coffee grp Fri fortnightly 10-12 at civic centre. Theres Mainly Music, music & movement, & 2 playgroups /coffee groups as well as playcentre. Theres also a great time out group just for mums at the civic centre, where they do different activities like scrapbooking, mosaics, with childcare available.
I'd be keen to join in when you have a get together
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 3:29pm
Hi Ladies, I am havinga lil get together this Friday night at my place in Papakursa at 7.30 which you are all welcome to come to & bring any firneds. it will be a tupperware party but i will have Avon brochures to look at & also a friend is bringing her Total Learning Books things aswell. So yea all three in one. :) Would love to see you all here. If you wanna come let me know & i wil PM you my address.

VannesaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VannesaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 3:57pm
Hi Chonny .. I was looking forward to coming but DH has just started a new job and got his roster today which shows he is working from 6pm on Friday - so I can't make it.    Really sorry!! Hope you have a great night with an excellent turnout.

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 5:45pm
well what if we change the night? Would Thursday work for everyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>