FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWell I’ve finally taken the step...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well I’ve finally taken the step...
    Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:05pm
and rung Fertility Associates and made an appointment. I was under the impression that because we have had one child that we didn't qualify for ANY sort of funded IVF so I thought I would just ring and ask about how one qualify's for it and the lady was really helpful. She said that the best thing to do is go for an initial consultation and they will look at our situation (how long we have been trying, hubby's low sperm count, me having endo.....etc) and then it goes on points so we MAY be or MAY NOT be entitled. I felt I just had to do something as I had a very bad down day on monday. Couldn't stop crying and thinking that it would just never happen. Even if we don't qualify maybe they will recommend a 2nd laparoscopy or have something else that we can try.

Anyway I feel a million times better just knowing we have a plan. Who knows - now I have made the appointment maybe it will just happen like last time (we found out I was pregnant 1 week before our first IVF consult). So I couldn't get an appointment till march but at least that will give us a couple of months to just chill out and I am on the cancellation list so hopefully might get in sooner.

Sponsored Links

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 10:01pm
woohoo kobec thats awesome that you have the ball rolling and as you say a BFP in the mean time would be fab! good luck chick and enjoy chilling out in the mean time! (thats what we did waiting for our IVF to start and look what happened hehe)

MindyW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindyW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 12:33am
Thats great news Kobec! I have my fist FA appt on Mon sooooooo excited! They are really great to talk with (except one lady that I spoke to on the ohone once).

All the very best
My Beautiful Little Emily

We've Waited for You Forever!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 10:48am
good luck Kobec, We took that step too, and got as far as being told we needed, and qualified for public funded IVF as soon as I got my weight down (we were 5 points over the minimum even, but unfortunately being overweight cancels everything until BMI is under 32).... so we went away and I worked on losing weight (only got down 5kg), and DP was taking a couple of things to try and boost his numbers and quality... well... 6 weeks later we got one hell of a suprise when we discovered it'd happened as we had more or less given up on it happening naturally..

Crossing fingers you get another suprise, or at least some answers and help from FA... (ask them if hubby can try Menevit, FA are the only stockists and it worked for DP!)
Brandon - 05/12/2003

kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 3:56pm
Thanks everyone. All the best Mindy for Monday. That is really exciting. Have you had any previous children? (sorry for being nosy)

Babykatnz - thanks for that idea about asking for Menevit. I will definatly be asking that. DH is on Maca at the moment so will be very interesting to see his next test if that has helped his little swimmers....

Wow noodle you are almost there. All the best for the labour. it is the most amazing experience you will ever have. And just remember in the really hard parts or labour that it is only 1 day (at the most hopefully) of you life and then you have a little wee miricle for the next 20 or so years.....Do you know what you are having or is it a surprise??? (just me being nosy again...)
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 6:08pm
thanks chick, thats what i've been telling myself....its only pain and pain passes probably wont be thinking that at the time tho hahaha and nope dont know what we are having we figured it started as a surprise so it can be one till the end hehe

Post Reply Post Reply