FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBABY DUE DATE WITH IVF?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mtjt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BABY DUE DATE WITH IVF?
    Posted: 08 January 2009 at 4:15pm

The day of egg collection (is that equivalent to ovulation?) then the 2 ww after they put embryos back in ..until you know if preggers or not...

So my question is when would you calculate your day 1 of that cycle? 2 weeks (or 14 days) before egg collection? as if it was day one of your normal cycle?
I would be most interested to hear what others know on this??
Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2009 at 8:14pm
mtjt - you should have been given an orientation pack that covers all of this information, nevermind that someone at the clinic should have gone through it all with you. If haven't got an orientation pack, ask for one - you should know more than you do! Having such basic unknowns will add more stress to what is already a stressful process.

In your orientation or information pack you should have been given time lines and all sorts of things, as well as detailed information about what IVF is (eg.l you didn't know what ICSI was), what happens when, when injections are started/stopped, what determines when that happens, when scans are or are likely to be, when egg collection and the pregnancy test are anticipated to fall ...

One thing you have to remember is that when it comes to cycles and IVF, you have to forget all about normal cycles pretty much. Day 1 is day 1 as per a normal cycle (this is the day that you would have phoned in to advise the clinic that you were on day 1, and from there your IVF cycle would have been planned eg. when you would start Buserelin injections), but as far as the pregnancy test goes, I just pulled out my diary and I had egg collection on 28th April, and my pregnancy test on 14th May, so it was a bit more than 2 weeks after egg collection.

Also, if you've started injections, which you said you have, you should already have a blood test form with a date on it for your baseline blood test, and other blank forms which they will give you the dates for as you go through the cycle (or a similar arrangement).
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
 Post Reply Post Reply