FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRaro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raro
    Posted: 11 January 2009 at 8:25pm
Whose been? where did you stay? What did you do with kids? what was good? what was sh*te?

thanks
Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 8:28pm
We went for our honeymoon (well before kids) and stayed at The Rarotongan which we really liked. DH's boss had been a few months before us and so had my uncle with 2 of my cousins. Both had said that the kids club at The Rarotongan was really good, some of the kids didn't want to leave at the end of the day!
Lindsey

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 8:18am
We went on honeymoon too. But stayed at Moana Sands Beach Hotel. It's not one of the main resorts but it was really lovely and had an awesome restaurant attached to it that we ate at each night. It also has some great snorkelling right outside and they had free kayaks and gear for you to use.

Activities... there is the glass bottom boat/mini sub so you can see turtles and sealife etc was the only activity we did that the kids would love. We went on 4wd things as well
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 12:20pm
My parents went to Moana Sands as well and loved it. Although I got the impression it wasn't too kid friendly in that there probably wasn't much for them to do there.
Lindsey

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:03pm
Guess it depends. It was cheaper than the resorts which was excellent for us that we could spend more money on activities and with such an excellent beach right at our door it was great as some of the bigger resorts don't have that greater snorkelling etc right there. The rooms were certainly nice and there were other couples staying there with children
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:40pm
We stayed at the Rarotongan with our (then) 13 month old Daughter. Too young for kids club obviously. Rarotonga was o.k, but personally I rate Fiji way higher and I have friends with children that go and stay at the Shangri La in Fiji every year and rate it very highly.
Lou
Lulubell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulubell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 1:58pm
I went over for two weeks and ended up staying 2 years in Aitutaki going back and forth to Rarotonga and back during that time. If you are going it is worth going to Aitutaki and if you are wanting somewhere completely private you can rent an affordable place on One Foot Island (a small islet set in the Aitutaki lagoon) it is really affordable and is great for the kids too!! It was cheaper than a resort and gives a real island experience!!

Edited by Lulubell
LukesMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukesMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 6:15pm
We've just come back from Raro 2 weeks ago.. We took our 18mnth old and it was FANTASTIC.. Stayed at Muri Beach Resort which was wonderful - not as expensive as the other resorts, such friendly, accomodating people.. Taking our little boy was a breeze - the guy who does the gardens there made him toys out of coconuts and other plants :) the resort is right on the beach so no need to go far.. The only thing is transport - I would recommend hiring a car as we didn't find the bus very good - but then we only caught it once at night to go to Island Night, we decided to get a car after that.. My DH found out he'd been made redundant the day before we left so we did the holiday on a budget but we still had the best time.. Definitely recommend it and as soon as DH gets a job we're saving to go back!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply