FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMountain Buggy in receivership

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mountain Buggy in receivership
    Posted: 16 January 2009 at 7:46am
Wow, with their popularity this is one of the last companies I would expect to go into receivership!!

Linky
Sponsored Links

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:08am
OH dear - I read it as the manufacturing plant that was going into receivership..not Mountain Buggy??
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:25am
Mountain Buggy is a part of the company (a very big part probably) - the whole thing is in trouble. They are going to try and trade their way out of trouble but as 90% of their business is export of Mountain Buggies, I imagine it will be pretty hard.

flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 2:38pm
Oh bugger.
I want one of them after we have #2, maybe I should get in now.
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 8:21pm
Bugger is right! I was going to sell my sgle MB and buy a dble for when baby arrived
Lindsey

kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:34pm
Oh no, doesn't sound good. Better get in quick, i'm trying to think of accessories for our buggy to buy before prices go up on TM etc..

Little Angel, April 10
Mum2L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 2:00pm
I wouldn't panic as such yet, they are in receivership, so can still continue trading.

But in saying that, I should probably get a MB sleeping bag for my Urban Elite, as it gets bloomin cold in Wellington during the winter!

But I love their products, it is just a shame that they are in this situation. I think if they didn't rely so much on exporting their products, they wouldn't be in this situation.

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 7:25pm
well I had better hurry up & get maybe on special.
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:47am
Time will tell what happens I really do hope that they stay but it looks like the manufacturaing of them may end up going overseas like so many other NZ products. we are just too far away from so many markets.
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 4:28pm
Wow! Mountain Buggy have been bought by Phil & Teds!

Link to story

Phil&teds said the purchase would mean "business as usual" for Mountain Buggy for the next six months, and stressed taking manufacturing offshore was not part of its philosophy...

"Phil&teds will run the Mountain Buggy factory in New Zealand before making any decisions. The key is to be internationally competitive,"

Throughout the sale process all parties had recognised the success of the Mountain Buggy brand, and had expressed a desire to see the continued growth of its product reputation, he said.

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 4:43pm
yes - I just read that too. I think that it is great news and will hopefully keep most of those NZ jobs going. What a relief for the staff.

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 12:00pm
wow, I hope jobs are safe also. I have had a P&T before & MB, would like to see a combination of the two so look forward to seeing new buggies.
 Post Reply Post Reply