FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Gain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 11:45am
Umm... so far, I've put on maybe just under 1kg. By this stage with each of my other two, I'd put on about 2kg or so.

Each previous time I weighed about 4-5kg more than my pre-preggy weight after giving birth.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Sponsored Links

robyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 1:25pm
Man Im the biggest by far, last time with Kobe I think I put on about 20kgs and only got rid of about 8kgs before this baby and so far have put on I think maybe 10kgs so far but my excuse is gestational diabetes. We go for a scan on Wednesday to see how big this baby is. Kobe was 7lb 2oz at 34 weeks any they think this one will be big to thanks to GD
KOBE born 19 March 2004

herewego... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herewego... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 2:04pm
Hhhhmmmmm - I've put on 1-2 kgs already, but I'm sure that most of that is in the boobs! Seem to have gone up a whole cups size already! (The rest of it can probably be put down to easter...)
DS#1 - Hamish 24/11/2006

mrs frantic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs frantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 2:40pm
that sounds about right for the first trimester I think herewego - i put on about 1 - 2 kilos in the first 12 weeks and they said that was the average for people who didnt have severe morning sickness...
Mrs Frantic
Baby Maddisyn born 28 Sept 2006
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 5:01pm
I'm 19 weeks and have put on 1 kg... I'm not tall and was a size 14 or L beforehand. Now I'm in maternity clothes because I can't get my middle into any of my pants, and my old tops are FAR from flattering on me. I love a nice maternity top now - so good for the ego! I expect my weight to climb faster from now on - I am not from a skinny breed.   
Andie
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 5:26pm
i just went to my mums and weighed myself again (no scales at my house) and honestly in the last 4-5 weeks i have gained around 4.5 kg! a kg a week. thats just crazyness. i hope its just a stage, i hadnt gained much up intil the past month (21-25 weeks) then BOOM! i guess the fact that i have been hungry heaps the past few days hasnt helped, but i dont eat BAD! argh! midwife tomorrow....
mrs frantic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs frantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 5:29pm
maybe you gain more in the second half of pregnancy ?
Mrs Frantic
Baby Maddisyn born 28 Sept 2006
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 8:39pm
i've put on about 1.5kgs so far. in total with jack i put on 12kgs but after him i was left with an extra 6kg that i never got rid of

luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 9:20pm
I'm 31˝ weeks and according to my scales the other day, I've put on 4kg - that was weighing myself in the morning.
Today I had a growth scan etc (baby all normal), but they reckon I've put on 2kg since my last appt, which makes a total of 6kg, so somewhere in the middle maybe?
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 9:36pm
Such tiny wee numbers for you all !! And yes, even you Paws I've stopped weighing myself because I decided I didn't need even just one more thing to worry or think about - my guesstimate is that I've put on around 12kgs so far, am hoping it won't be much more !! Most people reckon I'm all belly which is a nice sentiment... I just hope I can get rid of it eventually LOL (After bubs is born of course!) Might be OK with the way these iron supplements have me feeling (That said, don't want to put bubs in danger from lack of food intake...hmm, might need to make a seperate post about this !!)
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Lina269446 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina269446 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 7:02pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the weight you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12