FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCord accidents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cord accidents
    Posted: 27 January 2009 at 8:02am
Hi there, Im new to these boards. I lost my baby at 27 weeks on the 7th of jan to what they have called a cord accident. I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has been through this as well?? and have gone on to have healthy babies. DH and I wont to try again but I am very nervouse of this happening again, as one day he was happey and healthy and the next he was gone. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.
Sponsored Links

mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:37am
Hi marianne, big 's for you and your family. I don't know of anyone who has been through this but just wanted to say how sorry I am and to also welcome you to Oh Baby. You will find lots of support on here from ladies who have had losses.

Having had two miscarriages in a row I understand the feeling of being nervous of it happening again I guess its always going to be one of those things that we just don't know. But Im sure the Oh Baby forums will help you as there is a real sense of community here
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 5:50pm
Marianne,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your little man. I havn't been through a cord accident but I have lost a daughter.

My love & prayes go out to you and your husband, I just hope you got to spend lots of precious time with your little boy.

I didn't think I would try again, it never gets easier but I have started to let my heart heal alittle more everyday.

Stay strong Hun, again I am so sorry & sad for your loss.
What was his name?

errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 6:32pm
Thankyou for your replies, His name is Alistair and we did get to spend some time with him and have a cuddle which was nice just not the same. Its just very hard to get my head around as he was perfectly healthy and very active it was just a very unlucky accident he managed to twist his cord around so tight it cut off all blood flow
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 7:41pm

Hi Marianne.

I personally haven't had this happen to me, but one of the woman I work with at camp had this happen at 25 weeks about 4 years ago now. She has gone on to have a beautiful baby boy almost 2 years ago now.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 7:57pm
Alistair is a gorgeous name. I bet he was just gorgeous.
I think that is one of the hardest things about losing a child, one day they are perfect the next you are giving birth early & not to the perfect healthy baby you expected.

Wow I have never heard of a baby having a cord accident, I guess anything is possible & you never know what is around the corner do you?

Take care

errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 8:22am
Thankyou for all your replies ladies.
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 7:32am
Hi Marianne, Huge Huge Hugs to you and your DH....Im stuck for words, Im so so sorry you've had to go thru this heartache hun...I know of a lady who lost her son at 38wks due to a knot in the cord and her and her DH have gone on to have a perfectly healthly girl. I wish you and your DH all best for the future Hun. My heart goes out to you both.... xoxox
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 12:55am
Hey Marianne, hope you are doing okay. My mum lost her first baby, she held onto the cord I think fairly late in pregnancy.
Mum then had us four kids successfully.
All the best of luck with the future, I am sure that you will have lovely healthy babies to come!

Oct 11
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 8:15pm
Thankyou I am doing ok we have deceided to start trying again after finally getting his test results back I have found it very frustrating that we had to wait for 2 months for these but at least we have some answers or lack of answers apparently they do not like to commit to calling it a cord acceidint ( even though three midwifes looked at this cord and all agreed it had to be the reson. They have oficially called it unexplained intrauterine fetal death which answers nothing but he was perfectly healthy so that makes it easyer to try again.

they come up with a plan for my next pregnacey to make sure this dosnt happen again, so i go from high risk ( type one diabetic ) to super high risk but im sure it will all be worth it in the end.

sorry about the long post just need to get that all off my chest.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2009 at 8:47pm
Glad that you are doing ok and all the best for your ttc journey big hugs
[/url]
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 1:21am
Good luck, hopefully we will see you with a ticker soon.

Oct 11
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 9:19am
Just thought I would update everyone and let you no that I am pregnant again I now that it is very quick but I think nothing like getting straight back on the horse. I have my first scan in a few weeks other than freaking out a bit all is going well so far fingers crossed.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
Mamma2N View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamma2N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 10:53am
Congratulations errii! i'm really happy for you... I hope everything goes really well for you... and its never too soon! Good on you!
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 1:41pm
Congratulations hun thats awesome news. Happy and Healthy 8 or so months
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
maudie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maudie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 3:58pm
Congratulations Hun, I am so so so happy for you.

I have all fingers & toes crossed for you. i will be thinking of you everystep of the way.

Keep us posted. Good Luck

fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 9:09pm
Congratulations    Hope the next 8 months go really well. Thanks for updating us
Mum to two wee boys
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 10:03pm
Congratulations!

Oct 11
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 9:23am
Yay congrats hun.... wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy....
errii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 10:05am
Thanks for all your best wishes ladies. So far it is all going well only 32 weeks to go yay.

Baby Alistair 7/1/09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>