FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNow I dont FEEL sO Alone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now I dont FEEL sO Alone!
    Posted: 27 January 2009 at 10:15pm
I AM SO GLAD THAT THERE ARE SO MANY WOMEN FEELING LIKE ME.. i JUST FEEL SO ALONE WITH MY PCOS AND WISH WE HAD A SUPPORT GROUP IN CHCH...

DOC HAS FOUND MORE CYSTS ON OVERIES AGAIN.. AND TELLS ME I HAVE A FATTY LIVER TELLS ME TO LOSE WEIGHT !! LIKE I DIDNT ALREADY KNOW THAT! I HAVE TRIED FOR 9 YEARS TO FALL PREGGIE NOW.. LOSEN HOPE..

ID LOVE TO BE INTOUCH WITH ANYONE FROM CHCH...

Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2009 at 11:07pm
awww hun i'm so sorry you are having a rough road TTC..... i have PCOS and endo, it sucks.

after 9yrs, can they not do anything more for you?   are you on any drugs to help boost your fertility?    

minkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 2:25am
thabks for yr reply... yes i have clomid i didnt work! and all they keep going on about is my weight.. which is something i have battled with for a long time now!

I suffer from depression and anxitey badley now and i look at sum people with babies and think Y can they have a baby.. its almost hate for them which makes me feel like sh*t!

sounds crazy but people just dont understand how u feel
Coraliee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coraliee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 10:24am
Hi Minke,
I know how you feel, its so unfair! Each time someone else falls pregnant that you know, you plaster on a smile, when really you just want to burst into tears, then a year later, the same people are pregnant AGAIN with no problems whatsoever! You get sick of pregnant people complaining about morning sickness and being tired, because you would give anything to wake up and vomit. And you get sick of being told to lose weight, when we all know that PCOS makes it so hard to lose weight because of the glucose intolerance etc. There is no government funding for laser treatment, no support groups (that I know of where I live), no PCOS hot line to ring, no subsidy if you want to join weight watchers and no awareness of it really, I mean unless you have it or know someone who has it - then you wouldn't know anything about it. Some of my friends had never heard of it, and so of course don't understand. One friend keeps trying to give me one of her diet books, and I keep telling her that just because it worked for her, its not going to work for ME! I can't lose weight as easily as she did! And I can't eat all the carbs in her book - I would put ON weight! But she doesn't understand!
Anyway, i know you've heard this a million times - but don't give up! Its a new year, and you have all of us here! Write down what you need to do, and then work out how to do them, one by one. Start by getting the depression and anxiety under control, go to your GP! And don't be afraid to ask for what you want! Sometimes you have to give the GPs a kick up the bum and be persistent, so they give you what you want!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 12:12pm
Hi Minkie, not sure where to start, you sound so very down.  I don't know very much about PCOS but there are alot of ladies on here who are/have battled with it and falling pregnant.  There are also alot of us on here who have had and do have problems with depression and anxiety, including myself.  I also know about the battle with weight and there are usually combined problems/causes for the retention of weight which means that "just going on a diet" isn't going to work for one reason or another and if it does work for a while it often works that you end up putting back on the weight plus a little extra.  Its a cycle that I have gone thru for many, many years myself.  Yes I have been extremly lucky and have had the chance to have children but it doesn't make the problems go away.  I'm not sure what support there is in Chch but I live out of christchurch and if you would like someone else to talk to feel free to pm me and we can chat - it does help to know that you are not the only one going thru the same sort of things.  It might help if you could talk to someone/counciller maybe your GP could put you on to someone?
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
minkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 8:36pm
well i thankyou all for our replies.. yes i know what u mean about friends etc around you get preggie!! it doesnt seem fair and yes i want to cry everything.. i always thought it would be easy to have a baby and at skool it was a tart always taken morning after pill i look back now and think omg!

It would be great if we could try and set up a group to support each other in chch or north canterbury!
jmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 3:29pm
Hi.
This is my first time on this site. Ive been struggling with infertility for over 18 months now.
I also have PCOS, started clomid a year ago so had 8 months of it and cycle monitoring then went for a dye test to check my tubes and they couldnt do it. had to have an op last nov as cervix blocked and scarred. at least they finally found something! They took me off clomid for a break for 3 cycles to see if i could naturally get preg - no luck just got my curse and so the next step is to try IUI in Feb.   I also know what you mean re everyone around you getting preg. at times it feels like it is everywhere and so easy for everyone else - its very hard to keep bouncing back month after month.
I guess Im excited about IUI but its hard to let yourself feel excited too. Anyway, its good to be able to talk to other people that know how it feels!
 Post Reply Post Reply