FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Sign Language

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lucky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Sign Language
    Posted: 31 January 2009 at 3:24pm

Hello all, I have been hearing alot of postive information about baby sign language.I understand that there is a nz based oned. I am looking at doing this.has any one else done this yet?
Sponsored Links

Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2009 at 4:36pm
I have been looking into that too. Apparently the best time to start is around 6 months. I had a good website once, it's American though, I will try and find it sometime...
Lucky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2009 at 7:41pm
hey thanks for that I did some exploring on internet today and found the only nz based sign language one its www.babytalk.co.nz looks good.it seems they have workshop over nz yeah! has any one tryed nz one?thanks!
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2009 at 7:48pm
Hey Prem mum, you will probably get more replies if you post this in another thread, like 'first baby, second or more' or the general chat thread.
I will check the nz site out too
This is the link to the other one American link
Lucky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2009 at 9:39pm
Thank you
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2009 at 9:45pm
Hey there - our daycare brought this in when our youngest was about 1 i think - was absolutely wonderful - seriously - she still uses the signs sometimes now just cos she got to know them so well - of course now she uses words too - but was great when she was just learning to talk cos she could get the message across clearly even if her speech wasn't terribly great.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Lucky1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucky1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 7:33pm
This is great to know that pre schools are bringing it in to!! I think i will start this in the new babies topic thanks again
Philipp267088 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philipp267088 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2021 at 6:36pm
Hello everyone. What do you think - at what age can you start teaching a child foreign languages?
 Post Reply Post Reply