FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked...And Beyond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...And Beyond
    Posted: 31 January 2009 at 11:15pm
This certainly falls under the "Beyond" of this forum group.

My baby, who now is huge compared to my new baby, is starting school this week!

Anyone out there who's kids are starting school soon?

Alia had two school visits & absolutely loved it & has been so excited. She's going to a small country school so am hoping that will be good for her.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Sponsored Links

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 2:41pm
good luck im sure she will love it

sarah starts her new school tomorrow so fingers crossed it all gos ok

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 4:03pm

We are the first day of term 2 up here in Waiouru. I have Andrew's school books already and the bag and lunch box (gotta love back to school sales ). Andrew will have school visits at the end of this term and will also go to the school house (afterschool care) in the afternoon towards the end of this term to get him settled in there.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 4:08pm
Aw thats so cool! How have you been about you're little one starting school? She's all grown up.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 5:46pm
Brianna will be starting skool in june she is looking foward to it and keeps asking when shes going but i just tell her she has to wait a few more months. i can't believe that she is nearly going it seems to soon.
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 6:00pm
I'm looking forward to it as it means I'll be able to give Cooper his one on one & then in the evening I'll be able to give Alia her one on one I know she'll love school as she's a real social butterfly. Plus she's needing the discipline that the holidays & preggo Mum lacked.

We are getting all the books from school but she got her school bag & new lunch box today.

Last day of Kindy tomorrow & then school is on Tues I can't get over how fast the last 5 years has gone!
Kel

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 6:03pm
They don't really have a concept of length of time do they!
Kel

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 7:45pm
Ds starts his new school on Tuesday...he can't wait. It's so good for them they get to that stage when they need the extra stimulation. Flip side is the bad behaviour they pick up
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 10:49am
Oh dear...I've got my head in the sand re bad behaviour
Kel

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 2:29pm
lol you can't avoid it! there's heaps of good things though...they really develop which is cool to watch, and their friendships form. I love that my son feels like a big kid :) and I'm proud of how much he's learnt 
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 7:45pm
wow all these babies starting school ! im hope Alia has a great first day ! there was an article in little treasures about starting school .

My daughter is starting year 2 ...does that count ? good grief, next year she will be in the MIDDLE SCHOOL , eek !

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 7:48pm
aww! it goes so fast huh?! hope that she enjoys school
my girl emma starts in 6(ish) weeks. she is really looking forward to it and seems ready- im not though! lol.

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 1:52am
My boy starts school for the first time ... well... today lol (dam preggy insomnia) he cant wait... meanwhile im running around trying to get everything done and wondering if theres something I have forgotten since this whole school thing is so new lol! Have already packed bag, set up uniform, sorted lunch (bar sandwhich and yoghurt which goes in at last second) and even put camera with MY bag so as not to miss the momentous occasion...lol! And being preg and hormonal I am SURE I am going to be the mum who is blubbing at the gate watching her 'baby' disappear round the corner and start his life as a big 'school boy'... sigh... lucky I have this baby coming to help keep me busy lol! I have scan booked for after lunch to help break up my day and we had our last 'bunk off work/preschool day together tand went and did enrolment, bought uniform, had lunch and visited a friend... going to miss those days
Brandon - 05/12/2003

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 10:02am
Yep that counts Kelly....it's an beyond!

Lisa it's funny how different it is getting ready for school rather than kindy! I'm going to be packing a lunchbox for the trip home as well. I know it's only 5 mins but to a hungry kid that is ages!

We got the wake up call at about 7am which was GOOD! but the first words were, School today?

We got there & they had changed class rooms on us but we got in the right one in the end & then she went off & played after putting her bag up etc & when the bell rang! My God that girl can sprint!

I know I have packed too much lunch but I suppose that's better than not enough.

Anyone else got first day pics?
Kel

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 5:04pm
Cats felt the need to send off our big school boy lol

and in front of new classroom
Brandon - 05/12/2003

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2009 at 11:22am
Did Brandon love school?

I asked Alia yesterday if school was better than Kindy....She was so excited in saying it's way better
Kel

Kellygirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 10:43am
Kel,

I'm in the same situation as you. My daughter has now started year one and I have an almost 5 month old at home. Marissa, likes school, mainly to go and see her friends but finds it a bit boring right now. I am hoping that next week they will start to do a bit more "work".
The biggest adjustment is how long of a day it is for them, going from morning kindy to full days is a big change. She is usually pretty tired at the end of the day and sometimes has to have a nap after school.

It is great to be able to spend extra one-on-one time with the little one's though.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 9:04pm
One thing I've found out is the time between breakfast (7.30/8am) to morning tea (11am) is a really long time!

How much are you guys giving them for breakfast?
I gave Alia 2x Vitabix & fruit this am.

Do you reckon I should do a piece of toast for her to eat on the way to school, 5 min drive?
Kel

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 9:21pm
that is a long time DS's new school does 2 morning teas of 20 mins which I think is really good. Ask her if she's gettng hungry and go from there I guess?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 12:52pm
Maya has been at school for a whole year nearly!

Her school has a 'brain snack' for the juniors at 9.30am to tide them over till morning tea. They are allowed to pick one thing out of their lunchbox to eat and it has to be healthy (way to encourage the parents to pack healthy lunches ) and they have a quick 5 min break to eat. It makes all the difference for Maya. She has two bits of toast and a piece of fruit for breakfast so by 9.30am she's usually hungry again.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>