FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChocolate Pavlova with Coffee Cream

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gaelic Lass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chocolate Pavlova with Coffee Cream
    Posted: 06 February 2009 at 11:38pm
Especially for Anna in the July 08 mummies!...as requested...

Chocolate Pavlova with Coffee Cream
by Annabelle Voss (www.taste.co.nz)

Ingredients:
6 Egg whites
1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp instant coffee
1 Tbsp hot water
1 cup approx of cream, whipped.
1/2 cup chocolate, grated.

Method:
Preheat the oven to 150 deg C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.

Place the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sugar 1 Tbsp at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until sugar has dissolved and the mixture is stuff, smooth and glossy. Fold in cocoa and vanilla essence with a metal slotted spoon. Spoon mixture onto prepared tray, into a mound about 20 cm in diameter. Use a spatula to gently smooth sides and top.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 120 deg C and bake the pavlova for a further 1 hour 20 minutes or until the shell is crisp and pale. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Carefully place the pavlova on a large serving plate.

In a small bowl mix together the instant coffee and hot water (I don't add the hot water, but just ground the coffee up with the mortar & pestle till it is very fine). Add to the bowl of whipped cream and stir to combine. Spoon the coffee cream mixture on top of the pavlova, then sprinkle generously with grated chocolate (or I have used a crushed up flake bar and a mixture of fresh berries - which is delicious!).
Enjoy.
Sponsored Links

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:51am
MMmmmmmmmmmm had to come and see this one, I love pav but dh doesnt and Anastasia reacts to egg whites but will def be keeping this in mind, might just change dh's mind!!
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Gaelic Lass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaelic Lass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 1:50pm
ooooh shame about DH not liking Pav and Anastasia reacting to the egg whites... perhaps you could just make one for yourself! Am sure DH would like it. It has a lovely chewy inside!
Lanata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 4:21pm
sounds yummy, will put that on my "I can eat anything again first dinner at home" dinner.. LOL
scribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 9:06pm
Thank you so much Kimmies, it sounds dangerously divine!! I'll have to think of an excuse to make it now

Edited by anakk
 Post Reply Post Reply