FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2009 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 373>
Author
nathansmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathansmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:29pm
Hi everyone - just popping in. Have to look back on the threads to find out what was the result of Andriea's scan??? Is she expecting or not?

I honestly think that a lot of us don't pop in so much because it is so busy being a mum to a toddler! Remember those child-free days of being pregnant!!!? And I just don't feel like I have a lot to report or say.

Aside from that, it's hard for me to see so many of you pregnant and expecting very soon. Don't get me wrong - I am really happy for you. I guess because I have been separated from my DH for 9mths and not sure if I will ever have the chance to have another baby which I really long for and at 36yo you know, time is ticking. So it's quite hard.

But I do wish you all the best and remember how exciting it all was!

I am loving my little boy. He is so loving and gives kisses and cuddles and he's so special, I adore him. He says lots of words and is very bright and cheeky, busy and on the go. Loves to be outside, get messy, get into mischief! Makes me laugh every day - yesterday he hopped into the bath with his clothes on. Day before he threw his shirt into the toilet. He has fair hair with curls and beautiful big eyes and a beautiful smile and he's just the best. Blimmin hard work though and I am grateful that his dad is involved a lot and I have an Au Pair to help me (I recommend it! Free board/accommodation in exchange for her help!)

He's 11kg but very tall and at the moment eating for Africa.

Regarding a big bed - I was doing some research for another parent and apparently the longer you can wait, the better. Even 3yo or more. Nathan climbs over his cot rails but I put him in a sleep sack and that stops him. He would be a nightmare in a big bed at his age!
Sponsored Links

Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 9:06pm
Sorry to hear you have separated from your DH nathansmummy. Must've been a pretty hard few months for you. Hope you're doing well.

We all need to upload some recent pics to FB group of our toddlers. They all must've grown up so much now! I will go and post one now.

Georgia is doing well in her big bed, fallen out once, but was bound to happen. Unfortunately with #2 on the way she kind of has no choice about going into a big bed. No way we could afford another cot! With the bed rail and cot bumper going around the wall, it's just like being in her cot, just a big open gap at the end of it.

So I thought we were over the teething because her eye teeth are through. Ummmm no. We're teething again.

Nay29 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nay29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 12:39pm
HI

Sorry to hear that you've separated from your DH too Nathansmummy. That must of been real hard for you at that stage and even now.

Good idea about posting photos on our facebook page, will have to put up a pic of Ethan.

Ethan still hasn't cracked the 10 kilo mark but pretty close. Hes got 8 teeth, but still not enough to chew an apple properly and swallow it. But loves pears, so he has one of those a day.

Someone was asking about the dinner times with the little ones. Ethans tea time is at 5 as well, so way too early for us to have tea. So I just do up a big stew for him and freeze it so its ready to go. Theres always a chicken one or a beef one ready to go. And if theres leftovers from our dinners he gets that the next night.

I think Ethan can say about 10 words. And at the moment anything that is round is a ball. So anything that is in his books, like a lettuce or tomato or buttons are all balls, we try to correct him but we don't win!

Will try to post more on here, but my days are never that eventful!

Edited by Nay29
JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 12:21pm
How is everyone's Queens birthday going? We've been enjoying the extra day - getting some things done around the house we never have time to do otherwise. DH is currently making a ridiculous amount of groany noises about putting the dryer up on the wall - but he has no choice, I want the extra space on the floor in the laundry!

Alex starts his new daycare tomorrow, and his visits last week went really well. I don't think he's really going to notice very much that he isn't at the old place! When we took him to see the new place he ran off and started playing with all the toys immediately - not shy that kid.

Alex is saying piles of words - no idea how many! He's now distinguishing between wheels, balls and circles, but every fruit that is round is an apple. He is very chatty, and tells us exactly what he wants! 'Outside' is a favourite word, as is 'milk', 'book', 'car' 'byebye' and 'bubba'.

We need to make sure we spend more time playing with him - in the late afternoons he seems to get naughtier and naughtier and it always seems to be when we're trying to get other things done! He knows he isn't allowed to tough the fire guard, so when he wants attention he goes and gives it a really good shake!

Our days aren't really very eventful either - up, daycare, work, daycare, home, feed, bed! Weekends is zoo, or park, or inside activity (painting or baking or reading or dancing to music) in between food and sleep. Every week goes so fast!

My mother is visiting next weekend, I'm looking forward to it. Alex hasn't seen her in person since Jan. He has seen her heaps on skype though! Skype is excellent!
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 8:02pm
I agree, the late afternoons are the worst! G used to sit and watch TV happily while I got her tea ready, however lately she puts a DVD on (yes, she actually puts it in herself), and then throws a tanty! So I've given up on TV and she just 'helps' in the kitchen or gets all the tupperware out of the pantry. Trouble is, she's very demanding at mealtimes and wants her meals right there and right now!

Took her to Kelly Tarlton's last weekend. LOVED it. Wasn't sure about going in the car around the penguins, but she did pretty well because it would've been quite scary for an 18 month old!

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2011 at 8:37pm
Ooh i just happened to see in another thread that another November mum has had baby #2. Congrats to Jane25. I hope all is well.

Will catch up on everything later. I'm so sick at the moment.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 2:10pm
*lurker* Seeing what life will be like in 12 months time. Busy it would seem.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 12:10pm
Ha, yes Cali everyone seems to get very very busy and not so much posting. We all try but there doesn't seem to be many hours in the day any more. I honestly don't know how those of you that have 2 babies now manage - life seems busy enough with just the one!

We're (hopefully) going to have some professional pics of Alex taken tomorrow afternoon. I say hopefully because we wanted to go to the Museum/Domain to do them but it's not looking like it is going to be very flash weather, so we're going to make a call tomorrow morning whether we postpone or not. It's cool tho because it's the sister of an old workmate who is doing the pics, so she's quite flexible, and reasonably priced.

We're managing to keep illness at bay here, Alex hasn't been too sick (just a cough that's ongoing) and hubby and I have been okay too - not as well as we have been previous years, but not as bad as I was expecting. I feel for you Deb with being really sick, it totally sucks.

I hope everyone is doing well!
LilyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 4:37pm
Hi ladies,

Just letting you know that Lily's a big sister now! Had my son Oliver by c-section on 17 June. Another big baby for me, this time a bit smaller than the first one, but still a healthy 4,3 kg man. All is well!

JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 6:26pm
Congrats Lily! That is fantastic news. 4.3kg is still a big lad. Oliver is a lovely name too - it's on our list for our second baby.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 7:36pm
Congrats Lily!! A very healthy size

Still 5 (or thereabouts) weeks to go for me. Have finished work which I am LOVING so far. Was just too tired and sore. Georgia will still go to DC two mornings a week, so will give me some time out and hopefully time to catch up on sleep once the baby gets here.

Georgia has ANOTHER fever tonight. Temp went up to 38 this evening. So over these bugs she's getting. We have about a week of no sickness or teething then it's back into it. Poor thing.

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 9:23pm
Congrats Laila! I just had a peek at his photo on FB. He's gorgeous.

Wow not long to go Jax. Poor Georgia, i hope she's better soon.

Well i'm finally getting better. Been sick for the last 3 weeks. Had the flu and then a sinus infection. Me and Isabella are both on AB's. DP and the kids had the flu too but me and Isabella had it the longest. She's pretty much over it now though. I can't get rid of this awful cough. It's driving me mad! The doctor also thinks i might have coeliacs disease, so i have to have a blood test.

We should make up a list of all the new babies, due and born.
Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 4:29pm
Woohoo congrats LilyC that is fantastic news. Wow that is big, lucky it was c/section I say

Great to read the page of what everyone has been up too. Sorry have been missing in action lately again, tied up with Oct 2011 thread and then forget!

I hope wee ones are better now and teeth have settled down :)

Sorry to hear about your DH nathansmummy. Big hugs and I'm pleased to hear you have some help/suport. My mum was single from when I was 16yrs and she was amazing but I know its hard at times.

All is well with me. Bump is growing well now, looking pregnant and definitely bigger than last time!! DD is in a big bed now too. She has been in there about 10 days now and it has been absolutely no difference to her being in the cot....amazing really. Maybe less head banging! She loves her bed and just calls out when she awakes and hasn't gotten out yet. Weird considering she gets off during the day but doesn't when in sleep bag and has been asleep....maybe thats the key. We placed towels rolled up under the fitted sheet on the outside.....so far no falling out.
sweets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 8:44pm
Congrats LilyC! Love the name, also on our future boy list.

A friend of mine has just had a new wee boy, her first is the same age as ours so it's weird seeing someone them and thinking - that could have been us! Haha he's very cute.

I've been pondering the question latley of how exactly a woman decides to have her last child. I can't imagine (at this time) not wanting to have more. So I asked a friend at work who has 4 grown kids how she knew it was time to stop - she replied "When the hubby took himself to the vet" - hahaha! She said she'd still be going if he hadn't of put an end to it. SCARY! I'm starting to think maybe I'm going to have to re-think my fear of owning a minivan hehehe. Anyway - I know everyone's answers will be different (and possibly everychanging) but how many do you think you want to have?
JAFAjaffa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAFAjaffa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 8:03pm
I think 2. DH thinks 3. We'll see how I feel after the next one - which we haven't started trying for yet! I really don't want to do pregnancy 3 times - while I was totally fine and not sick at all, I really didn't enjoy being pregnant very much. I know it's only a short time out of your whole life, but still.

Also I worry (and this is totally irrational) that Alex is such a lovely boy and future children couldn't be as good as him, so I keep thinking it's all downhill from here! I told you it was irrational. And at 3 they outnumber you! I'd need octopus arms!
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 9:24am
Yip, we're sticking with the two. I've always wanted just two, so never really crossed my mind to have more than that. I'm with you Jafa, any more than two and we would need to upgrade everything and one child each seems more manageable when out and about
If anything for us it's the cost though.

I don't like pregnancy either, even though I've had two good pregnancies.
I've joked with DH that I've booked him in for the chop on the day this one is coming out. As much as I love being a Mum, I feel like I'm lacking some of the maternal instincts sometimes too, but could never have an only child.

Snicket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 10:55am
We are looking at two too although after DD arrived I was keen on 3 but DH wants 2. It all gets crazy after 2....bigger house, people mover etc!!!

Haha Jaffa I think the same about the 'all down hill from here' since we had such a perfect baby last time. Eeeek!

I had a scan at 25wks on Monday and all looks good. They were happy with size, blood in and out etc. Still a surprise.

Hope everyone else is well :)
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 8:48pm
Hi everyone! I went to post last month and then lost a massive big post and it was too late so didn't redo it and then forgot to come back!

Great to hear everyone's news and how all our lovely little bubbas are doing.

Congrats Laila, so exciting that Oliver is here - how are you finding juggling two?

Not much longer jaxs, looking forward to hearing about your baby's arrival too - you're having a boy aren't you?

I'm keen to stop at two kids as well, I used to think I wanted lots and lots but similar to you guys, I don't really enjoy pregnancy, no big problems or anything but I just prefer the baby on the outside than the inside :) I also agree on the manageability of two rather than anymore. It's all I really picture for our little family - though of course if a third happened sometime down the road I wouldn't be disappointed or anything, just not in the plan - DH is wanting to get fixed! I actually feel quite excited that we've almost completed our family - kinda like all the bits of the puzzle will be here and we know what we're working with

Ok, better post this before I lose it again.
Jaxnz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaxnz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 9:55pm
Hey Deb, saw your post in July thread.... I'm having a CS on Tuesday!! I elected it due to the tear I had with Georgia and this one was estimated at 8lb1 already at 37 weeks...eek! So as soon as I found that out it pretty much made my mind up. I'm only 38 weeks today, and the only spaces they had available were either Tuesday or the 2nd of August. I originally said the 2nd, but they preferred to get me done next week. So was all a bit of a shock considering I thought I still had 2+ weeks left It has sunk in now though and am very excited to be meeting him sooner and no doubt he will be a healthy size

Will let you all know how it goes and will post some pics when I get round to it. Keep telling Georgia she's getting a younger brother this week... it's not really registering with her though. Hopefully she will be Mummy's little helper at home

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 10:38pm
How exciting Jax! Not long to go. Can't wait to hear the news of his arrival. I don't blame you for going for the CS. I had tearing with my son but it was a 2nd degree tear and a large internal tear which both healed well. Yours was a 3rd degree wasn't it? I guess at least with a CS it won't matter what size he is. My son was a decent size.

Wow only 8 weeks to go for you Chelle! Are you having another CS or trying for a VBAC?

So many November mums having another baby! I'm glad it's not me. Hehe. Can't imagine having my two AND a newborn!

Isabella has been a real grump lately and her sleep has been all messed up. The other day i discovered what her problem must be, she got her second lot of lower molars. So she's got 18 teeth now. Have to say i'm getting so sick of her constant tanty's. It gets bloody tiring! Her brother has been driving me mad lately too. The joys of kids.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 373>