FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDrying Nappys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drying Nappys
    Posted: 06 March 2009 at 8:52pm
How do you guys do it? & how long do you reckon on an average day that your naps take to dry.

I don't have a drier & it does take a long time to dry them on the line outside. Is it that I'm just used to the flats drying so fast.

Winter won't be an issue as I'll just put them inside on the drying rack & the dry fire heat will dry them fast, surprisily I know this as I have already used the fire this year!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 9:05pm

I am bad and use the dryer quite often. But to dry the pocket (no insert) here cantake up to an hour on the line outside on a good day. The inserts take a lot often. Once I have my fire in the lounge going more often I cam going to dry them on the rack in front of that and I know the pockets and inserts are dry the next day.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 9:15pm
I find the itti bittis get a bit smelly in our dryer so I try to dry on the line as much as poss.  Otherwise I have found the heated towel rail does well.  Almost dry overnight.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:01pm
At the moment our inserts (fuzzis) dry in about 3 hours outside. On wet days we hang them under the eaves and they still dry in a day - except in the real wet and cold of winter, when we have to use the dryer (but not often).
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:46pm
Cool, thanks guys.

Will have to make note of the time I hang them out next time.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
kiwivic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwivic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 8:51am
I've always dried my cloth nappies on a clothes horse/airing rack - that way I can just move the whole thing to the best drying spot! - usually outside in the sunniest spot, unless it's raining. At the moment my D'lish AIO's (which is all I'm using as a night nappy for Leo) dry in around 6hrs on a sunny day, more like all day if indoors.

Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 11:14am
I put one in our hot water cupboard, we have a boster heat thing in there, and so far overnight they are dry, that will be great for winter.

I only started using them yesterday and I only have 2 but I love them soooo much, I will get the 6 pack for home use as her daycare only use disposables.
 Post Reply Post Reply