FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSubsequent C-Sections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subsequent C-Sections
    Posted: 10 March 2009 at 8:04pm
Hi Ladies.

My little man Ben was born by c-section and my question is ... After one c-section can you request subsequent babies are born by c-section or do you have to give a VBAC a go first?

I wasn't really happy how Ben's delivery ended up (emergency c-section 30 hours after being induced) and I am not happy thinking about going through something like that again with our second.

Yes I realise that Ben is only 17 days old however if you can elect a c-section for subsequent pregnancies it would put my mind at rest.

So can you elect publically or do you need to go private?

Experiences ladies?
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 8:23pm
I've bumped a few threads for you

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 9:27pm
as i said in other thread when i was preg in dec my mw was fine with me having another c-section if i chose to(similar situation to you) just was going to refer me to have appointment around 20 weeks(takes ages to get a time etc)
Mum to two amazing boys!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 4:05pm
I had an emergency c/s with #1 (haemorraged in labour) and had the choice of either with #2. You will get referred to an OB/GYN at around 26 weeks to discuss the options and he has to talk you through the risks of either.
RunningT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RunningT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 5:17pm
Thanks for the replies.

Weegee thanks for bumping those other threads. It sounds like who you deal with certainly influences the options.

Something to think about IF we decide to have any more...
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 6:59pm
My understanding of it and from what my mw said when I was pregnant with Kyle is if you have had one c/s then you have every right to request another for subsequent babies, however the ob/gyn may strongly suggest you try for VBAC but at the end of the day it is YOUR choice.

Congratulations, he is very cute

TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 8:05pm
had emergency the first time and wanted natural this time but it doesnt look like that will happen
you can choose and you dont have to go private either.
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2009 at 8:50pm
T - as you know Carys was born very under very similar circumstances as your ben, and I said for a year that I wasn't going to have any more kids, hehe! But I was the opposite I hated my c-section and really wanted a VBAC and felt (still do) robbed that I couldn't birth naturally or go into labour by myself and now i'll never know as I've shut up shop, hehe!
So i'd say wait and see how you feel when you decide to try for another, you may decide to give a VBAC ago, especially if you go into labour by yourself, I wouldn't recommend it if you were being induced - it sucked!
But i'm ssure once you've had a c-section you can opt for another.

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
 Post Reply Post Reply