FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedObstetrician in Auckland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obstetrician in Auckland
    Posted: 15 March 2009 at 3:04pm
Hi Ladies,

This time around we have decided to go with an Obstetrician I am wondering do any of you out there have any you would recommend or stay away from and any tips for choosing them

Cheers

Sponsored Links

tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 8:18pm
I went under the Auckland obstetric centre and found them absolutley wonderful, I would pay the $$$ to go under them for sure! very friendly, professional etc would recommend them all for sure. I had hypertension and pre-eclampsia in the end and they were right onto it
[/url]
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 8:33pm
HUGE CONGRATS YVETTE!!!!!!  hope it all goes well (easily) for you. 
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 8:56pm
Congrats Yvette!

Like Kye said, AOC are great. We have an OB that we work with here, Dr Anil Sharma and he's brilliant too, if I'd needed an OB when I was preg with lil miss I would have gone with him. He works in the same practise (Birthright) as the OB I had with the gremlins, Mahesh Harilall, who is also good but I like Anil better.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 10:01pm
I dealt with Paul Robinson at Origins in Mt Eden and he was wonderful - I could never recommend him highly enough. We've already started saving for him for when we have No. 2 - I wouldn't even think about doing pregnancy and birth again without him.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 10:05pm
Woops - I forgot to say ... a recommendation from someone you trust is a good place to start in choosing an OB I think. If you know someone who had a really good experience with an OB, it's worth meeting them. Also, follow your gut! Your OB will see you through everything, allay your fears, care for you, and in theory, cut you open if you had a c/s - you want to have faith in them, trust them, and feel absolutely comfortable with them.

We chose Paul because we met him when we did IVF (he was involved with our cycle through F+), and a nurse that we trusted who had been heavily involved with us recommended him as a private OB when we found out we were pregnant.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 7:20am
Thanks ladies, I have heard of Anil Sharma, when do I need to start organinsing one - I am only 4 weeks (but look so much more OMG)

Helen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 10:23am
I agree with the ladies about AOC. We were with them for our first daughter and am now back there again for the 2nd. They are excellent.

You will be needing to make an appointment shortly as they fill up quite quickly but the first appoitment will be at about 9 weeks.

Congratulations

MichelleBails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichelleBails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 4:00pm
http://www.drdavidbailey.co.nz/philosophy.html
Hes really experienced and really lovely. Works at Middlemore as obstetrics surgeon also.
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2009 at 8:50pm
I don't know about the OB thing, but huge CONGRATS Yvette!!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Moochiecat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 8:36pm
Hi - congrats on your news. We are with AOC - Auckland Ob Centre. They are brilliant, theres a great team, and they are all very professional yet very personable as well. Even the receptionists remember our names and phone us regularly with any updates or questions. They are very good at recommending tests and scans and they have 24 hour call line - that I used - and even very late at night eh Ob who called back was helpful and not at all bothered. They cost about $4000 - but I think they earn it with their service and attention to detail. Hope that helps - good luck with your coming months!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 9:01am
Thank you for all your advice, so quick question, with AOC do you have one main obstetricain

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 10:16am
I'm currently meeting all of them, but I don't know if you stick with just one after you've done the rounds. I think I'll just keep meeting whoever fits my schedule and that keeps them all up to date on me.
I've been so impressed with them so far (a friend recommended them to me) Things didn't look too good the other day and within an hour I was in their office being checked - they didn't have an appt free but somehow just slotted me in.
Moochiecat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 9:20pm
Hi - re your question - AOC doesnt do the one Ob thing. You meet all the Ob's there over your pregnancy and then when you deliver you get whoever is 'on' delivery that day. I dont think you can pick either. But they are all very very nice, and I figure this way you get a wide range of professional opinions and you won't be railroaded into one persons way of thinking. I have meet all but one of them so far and I am meeting the last one on friday, and so far I have been really comfortable with any of them being there to delivery my baby. Hope that helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply