FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEarly MC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early MC
    Posted: 17 March 2009 at 2:32pm
Hi

I am currently experiencing my first MC. I found out i was preg with a very faint line on friday night which took the full 5 mins to come in.
Then i took tests for the next couple of days and they were just as faint. then last night i started spotting and now i have full blown AF with clots..........So i was only preg for a short time. the worst of it all for me was it has taken 12months to get preg at all after Depo.

Although i kinda had that sense that something wasnt right with no symptons or the tests not getting darker as they really should with HCG getting higher etc...........

Because its just a late AF basically i gather i dont really need to race out and get any D&C (unless bleeding lasts longer than 5 days) so im just letting it run its course like its a normal AF and go back to charting

One question i do have is i took my temp this morning and its still elevated.........will this drop over the next couple of day?
And did anyone do another preg test a few days after MC just to double check that by some miracle you might still be preg............everyone keeps telling me too but honestly what would the chances be?

Sponsored Links

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 2:43pm
Hugs Louise.

I don't know anything about the temp thing - hopefully someone else will be able to help you there.

Depending on how high your HCGs got they can take some time to drop back to 0. So its quite possible to take another HPT a few days later and still get a positive. Best thing to do is get a couple of blood tests - if they show increases its all good news but if they show a decrease then its pretty certain things are not so great.

Hugs - make sure you take care of yourself, its sad time for you and DH.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 7:34pm
Awwwww.... I had the same thing except I hadn't tested, but the clots are a big giveaway aren't they. I bled for two whole weeks and the next cycle (which was 7 weeks later) I bled for another two weeks. At that time I checked things with my GP and he said just to let things do their own course as it's a lot easier on the body. You'll be inspired to know that I didn't have another cycle after that, well not for over 9mos anyway

As for temps and retesting, while there is a small possibility that you have lost 'only' a twin, I think the chances are reasonably high that while you are still bleeding, your hormone levels may be elevated enough to give a false positive. Your temps may well do the same thing... stay up for a while until your hormones settle.

It may pay to read through some of the other threads on m/c's, if you're in the right frame of mind. Be aware that you will probably experience the "baby blues" just like you did when you had your other kids... in about 3 days from now. Your hormones will drop off in a similar fashion to when you gave birth.
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 8:55pm
Thanks for that, thats helpful stuff
I went to maternity rooms and they said if i still bleeding in 5 days to have a scan to make sure its all come away properly. I hope this doesnt last any longer than a normal AF so i can hopefully just get back to what i have been doing all the other months and temping etc.......
One can only hope!!

I will brace myself for the baby blues..........i will be ready and armed with a bottle of wine for when it does......LOL

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 9:00pm
LOL Absolutely!! I miss wine - bought a bottle while out shopping today because I don't mind having the odd glass when bf.... which I intend to start soon!

Hope the m/c comes away quickly and quietly for you.
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 9:46pm
Good luck for you, hope everything goes quickly and quietly for Kaelas arrival also
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 11:04pm
Aww Hun, Im sorry to hear this news All your questions are pretty much answered, but in regards to temping, they will remain high until all the HCG is gone, which can take up to a week maybe more depending on where they were to start.

I had a D&C and a week later my HCG levels were still at 30, so would have shown positive HPT.

Im thinking of you hun
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 6:10pm
my hcg levels were quite low to start with, my preg tests were so faint for 3 days in a row and didnt get darker so that kinda gave me a clue, and my temps have almost dropped to my basal rate.........
my boobs are no longer sore........so i figure my progesterone levels have also dropped off.

Im expecting to go into my next cycle pretty much at the same rate as a normal AF.........thats my theory anyway and since i have never had a MC before I am also hoping along with my theories!!   I get a good feeling about the next couple of months for me anyway.......i feel positive cos i have gotten this far, since coming off the depo, it took me over 12months to get a BFP so i feel already that we have acheived something by getting that far, and i know that it wont take another 12months, that my body is back and in working order and this MC was the luck of the draw.

Thanks for your support its been really nice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 7:53am
Hugs Chickielou!!

Fingers crossed for you for the next round - although if you end up like me and preg straight away you will freak out!!
My cycle was held up by 2 weeks (well really only 1 given I had 5wk cycles) But its common to be held up from anything from 1-4 weeks.

My dr told me to me come in if I bled for more than a week (apparently thats not a good sign). Also if you are having a scan to confirm everything has done what it needed to - make sure its within 2 wks of the MC as the scan people charge you full price after that date.

Hugs
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 8:38am
Chickielou,

So sorry you are going through this    I went through this exact same thing in February. I had spotting even before getting my bfp (on a Saturday), the hpt's I took over the next couple of days were not getting darker and I started bleeding properly on the Wednesday. I went to my gp and had a scan on the Thursday which showed it was a complete miscarriage. i also had some bloods done and my hcg was down to 5 so it happened very quickly. My cycle went straight back to normal afterwards, I ov'd on day 14 (beware, if you are anything like me then it is bloody sore after the mc lol!). Unfortunately, luck was not on my side again and i had a repeat of the previous month and another mc. I've been to the gp again and we are taking the month off trying to give my body a chance to recover properly and are having some genetic blood testing done to make sure there is no other reason for the mc's.

But good luck to you, it is definately a good sign that you now know your body is ready after getting all the depo out of its system! Fingers crossed your ttc journey is nearly over hun
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 10:05pm
Well i did a HPT today and there was no line at all and my bleeding has completely stopped..... so my mc journey would appear to be a lucky short one and not dragged out (started monday night and finished today Thursday)

The only thing i have been getting is a little pinching pain in the centre of my uterus. This is probably things going back to their rightful place i would assume

I will brace myself for a painful OV

sorry Kelly about your double wammy!! Is there some family history of stuff since you had ashleigh early also? would this be something that affects you concieving and sustaining also? Good luck with the bloods, hope it comes back with something that is easily fixed.

I hope my lack of wanting bloods or scans doesnt come back on me. If i was further along i would have gone and got these but because of how early i was im confident that nature is just doing it thing and i dont need to intervene.........I really hope my niaevity doesnt come back to bite me. but this is the way i have chosen to let this one go so will have no one to blame but me if it does...lol
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 11:16pm
Hugs Chickilou

Your post is just what I went through, clots & all & a really painful AF, which was abnormal for me.

Don't let anyone tell you that it was just a late AF...

just wish I'd had found Ohbaby then.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 12:14pm
Thanks Aliasmum

That thread was last month, which doesnt seem that long ago, but ages ago IYKWIM.......cos since then im BFP again and time around im getting stronger symptoms and my POAS were pos (but very very faint) at 8DPO(unlike last month my POAS were only just showing up 15 DPO), and i have been POAS every day and they are stronger and stronger every day........Im now about where i was when i MCed last month and im getting definite symptoms unlike last month(and a very dark pos line on POAS)..........I am very nervous to say the least, but ive decided to take the approach of seeing a MW next week, and getting bloods done the week after that and when im 8 weeks getting a scan done then. Trying not to get my hopes up is the hardest thing!!

Everyone on here was great last month!! really helped me through it.........
Millyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 3:35pm
Hi Chickielou

I just wanted to pick your brains about your cycle after MC. I had my MC just prior to Easter, the bleeding lasted about 7 days. I've decided to go with the theory that my MC was like a late AF and we have started BDing again in the hope that I fall pregnant again shortly. So my question to you is (I'm getting there!) do you think you ovulated as normal (normal date etc) to produce your BFP?

Congratulations by the way too - wow there's been a lot of due-Dec babies!
M2Bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 10:22pm
hey milly

I concieved after one cycle and I know I must of ovulated earlier than the normal 14 day

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 10:03am
Hi millyz
I concieved straight after my MC - I ov'd 4 weeks after the MC.
Biddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 9:05pm
I have unfortunately had a mc, confirmed last Tuesday .
It was a complete mc, as they put it, so I did not need a DnC.
The bleeding has lasted 3 weeks, so I really don't know how to go about my cycles. I read somehwere that your body can treat a mc as a period.
Was thinking on getting an ovulation test but really don't know?
My doctor told me that we can start trying as soon as I think I'm ready which made me feel more positive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 8:06am
Hi Biddy - I'm so sorry about your MC.
After my MC I decided to take charge and learn about my cycle. I started temping (which to be honest I never really got the hang of) and bought some ovulation tests. Certainly wasn't expecting anything to actually happen straight away, which was a bit of a suprise. My dr said its normal for cycles after a MC to last from 4-8 weeks.
I found it comforting to see the changes in temp and ov tests as my body started working again. But having another baby straight after the MC did freak me out more than I expected.
If you decide to gets some OPKs I would recommend buying them online as its much cheaper than in the pharmacy (I got mine from baby4you but there are loads of other places as well)

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or just post them up here as there are (unfortunately) loads of ladies who have been through the same thing.
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 3:00pm
Hi ladies

just an update and answer to some questions. I had a scan and things are looking good, im suffering from MS etc and dont see any reason why this one wont stick around now

so I managed to concieve straight after my MC. baring in mind mine was an early MC, so my body bled for a little bit longer than AF would and i OVed right bang on time, actually i think day early, i was using OPKs (courtesy of lovely littlestar) and managed to nail it next time around. Not only did i nail it, I also got early implantation so got an early BFP and i personally put that down to having left over progesterone that pushed things along quicker.    

I had my scan the other day and not only was i not put behind with any days due to size etc, i was actually put a day ahead which makes me realise i really did implant very early.......i had a speedy egg.

I was very worried that i would OV later but my MC didnt affect any of my cycle at all

I hope the same happens for you ladies.........getting a BFP early was a bit scary cos i didnt want to get too excited and didnt really tell anyone for a few days just in case i MCed early again, but i kinda knew deep down that it was different this time as it was an early BFP as opposed to the other which was a later BFP faint line. I was 16DPOs when i got my BFP in March, but then i was only 8DPO when i got the same faint line..........

Sorry for the long post, but i also just wanted to add that i have done 25 preg tests since my first one this time around to see if they get stronger and they did.......lol good ol cheap internet tests are great
Birdie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 10:35am
Hi there,

I had 2 positive HPT's a week ago, went to my GP who arranged serial hcg's which appear to be low and decreasing so she told me I was likely to miscarry. I have not started bleeding yet although I had light brown dc 3 days ago and now am having just normal dc. My breasts are no longer sore and i was just wondering if anyone has experieced this? Was my mscarriage the light brown dc or am I likely to start bleeding and if so when????

I was only very early, about 4 weeks and had just come off the pill so my dates were all screwed up. Just want to start trying again but confused with what my body is doing...help
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>