FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI have a belly already

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a belly already
    Posted: 18 March 2009 at 1:43pm
Ok Ladies so I am beginning to panic.

I am nearly 5 weeks pregnant and I all ready have a round belly (very low though) I am very worried that this is not normal

Any knowledge please

Sponsored Links

Hope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 1:49pm
Hi YvetteandElla, everyone told me that I wouldn't show until 3 months. However every single one of my colleagues (even guys) had guessed my secret by the time I announced it at 13 weeks. My tum was a little puffed up at 5 weeks, but I think some of that could have been gastric bloating as pregnancy has done some funny things to my digestion.

I am 36 weeks now and have the biggest bump at antenatal. I think this a combo of having quite narrow hips so bub has to stick right out the front and also, I have been told he is large.

You don't sound abnormal to me. I remember thinking that I surely couldn't already be looking preggy at 5 weeks!
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 1:52pm
Thank you hope, I have actually just booked an appointment with the Obstretricain I am going to use, he said he will check me over and give me a scan - I was just worried that there is someting wrong

I was speaking to the nurse at my doctors and she was adamant that you should not have a "descended" belly this early so she did not make me feel any better

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:08pm
yeh I showed super early to but slowed down and my belly isn't super big I wouldn't worry bout it  
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 3:06pm
One of my friends was definitely showing at 6 weeks, though a lot of it could have been bloating.
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 3:10pm
I have one too, have had from about 6 weeks. I think its fairly normal for 2nd timers.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 6:50pm
I popped out at 5 weeks this time around and even took a photo to make sure I wasn't imagining things
LadyLizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 7:12pm
I was convinced I was showing at about 7 weeks, and felt huge, but things have settled down a bit now and I can still wear pre-pg pants (just!).

I think you get alot of bloating early on, mine has settled down now.

SharonG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharonG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 8:00pm
I thought I had popped out around 7 weeks then it all settled down around 12wks and now at 16wks Im still wearing me pre-preg clothes just have to undo the jeans button for comfort when I sit haha looks good when I go out unbuttoning myself
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 8:14pm
I had this with DD3 and did end up bigger in the end... it seems to be "muscle memory" (your muscles remembering what to do)!
anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 12:05pm
Well this is my first baby and I popped out at 5 weeks too, maybe even earlier. I think the reason is that I have a long cycle and so I already spend the last few weeks before my period is due looking bloated... and then of course didn't have my period so I have remained bloated. And I mean really showing - people have noticed.

I mean, my mum kindly pointed out to me that I had a bit of a belly anyway (it's where I put weight on), but I'm already undoing buttons when I sit down etc. and feeling trousers I used to wear comfortably now cutting into my tummy and making me feel uncomfortable. So you are not alone! And incidentally, after a threatened miscarriage recently my scan showed everything was fine. I'm sure everything is fine with you, too.

It's very hard hiding a pregnancy though when you are already popping out - especially from work (new job)!
 Post Reply Post Reply