FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInserts for non MCN’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inserts for non MCN’s
    Posted: 20 March 2009 at 9:10pm
I have just read that my covers I use for my flats got up to 10-18 months so I'll be using them a lot longer than I thought. The flats don't really have the absorbancy on the new MCN's.

What insert do you reckon would work in them.

What I do is fold the red edges together & then fold again to make a square. Then I fold that in thirds IYKWIM & then fold out "wings" to go around the waist so I can put an insert in between those last folds.

Works a treat with microfibre cloth cut up so was thinking that an insert might work well in there.

Do you think I should just buy some bamboo & cut to size or just buy inserts?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 9:13pm

Kel, I have a whole lot of inserts that I am not going to use. They are used, but washed (obviously).  I have just sold all my pockets so have no need for them.  I have microfibre and hemp.  Do you think any of those would work?  If so, how many do you want?  I have no use for them so they may as well go to a good home. 

Or else, I have some microfibre and some hemp fabric...unused

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 9:36pm
Dunno how many I'd need probably at about 6? Then that would be 3 per night?

So are the hemp & microfibre sewn together?
Kel

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 10:11pm
you could use the flats and add an insert of BKT (burley knit terry) or hemp.. and dont forget not to put microfibre next to the skin... or just fold up another flat in a rectangle shape and lay it between the cover and the other flat.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 11:18am
This is how it is folded. I turn it over so the otherside is against his bum. So the insert would go in the opening in the middle of the folded nap.

If I use another flat it will be too bulky. Am looking for the most absorbant stuff out there.
Kel

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 1:25pm
Then you probably want hemp.  I have some thin microfibre inserts that snap onto a hemp one. They arent too long so would fit in there nicely.  Otherwise I have some bigger inserts.  How bout I pop some in the post for you to try?
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 5:54pm
If you don't want them I'm willing to give them a go. Read one of the pinned posts & Hemp sounds as if it's what I'm looking for.
Kel

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 2:02pm
NZPiper are you selling your hemp and microfibre material???
 Post Reply Post Reply