FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDecember 2009 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 763>
Author
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 5:56pm
Wow, look at all those due in dec's already

Angel March 2011
Sponsored Links

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 6:39pm
What awesome news after such a long wait jmac!! Can't wait to hear how many babies in there since you're with the fertility clinic you probably don't need to go to the regular doctor. All they do is confirm the pregnancy and get bloods if you need (which you've already got) and then give you a bit of info on what food not to eat and a 'bounty pack'. You can also get these with a mid-wife so unless you particularly want to you can probably go straight to a midwife.

Sounds like your doctor is pretty clueless Na_#1, I'd go straight to your midwife and not go back to him about anything else baby related!! But if you can get an early scan in for your trouble (to check it's not ectopic - I assume he's referring you or else he's really incompetent) that's at least something

Edited by chelle
Karen Sweatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Sweatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:18am
EDD 7 December

Over the moon, 6 years of ivf and i will FINALLY be able to call my family complete!

Going for 1st scan on 28th

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by MegansMum MegansMum wrote:

wouldnt you be in pain if you were having an ectopic pregnancy?

I found this on google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectopic_pregnancy   gives early signs so I would think unless you have been having extreme cramping it is unlikely you are having an ectopic pregnancy.

Just a word of warning I think if you have a scan before 6 weeks you might not be able to see the heart beat.

but yes your dr sounds like he is causing you worry for nothing.

NA- your research sounds right..crazy doc!!!

as for pain with ectopic yes but not till 7 weeks often..they thought i was having ectopic due to low levels last time (and all the bleeding) and took two sets of bloods etc but I had had no pain at all and they were still worried about it ..they gave me scan and bloods to rule it out.

you definitely would eventually be in serious pain with an ectopic but low levels is one of the signs (not that i think yours are Na)

Edited by Four_eyes
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 1:41pm
double post!

Edited by Four_eyes
Mum to two amazing boys!
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 3:12pm
December Mummies due date list!

Crazymum                   3 December
Megans Mum             4 December
klsl5                             4 December
Biddy                             6 December
Febgirl                           7 December
Na_#1                           7 December
Karen Sweatman        7 December
jmac                             10 December
shadowfeet                  17 December

Hey Karen, congrats on your BFP, I have added you to the list.
Wow thats 3 of us on 7 Dec, lol
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 3:21pm
Well good news girls,

I definetely do not have an ectopic pregnancy, there was a little tiny sac in the right place that was consistent with my dates, so as far as I am concerned Bean is growing as he/she should.
I will be having another scan in 2 weeks to check for a heart beat, but from now on I will not be letting my GP stress me out with anymore stupid theories or test results.
I have decided that I am not going to test my HCG levels again & just let nature take it's course.
What will be will be

Anything new happening with anyone else????????
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 4:57pm
yah for bean :) Im glad your scan went well Na :)

all the best for your 2nd scan.

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 5:50pm

*lurking*

First, big congrats to all you December Mums! Yay for you all, hope you all have a H&H 8 months or so

Secondly, Na_#1-  ((hugs)). Your GP is an egg. Like lots of the oher ladies have said, it's the doubling of the HCG levels that are important AND by the way, having high HCG (or low) doesn't mean you will or won'r miscarry. It's awesome you've seen a little sac right where it should be and your attitude about 'what will be, will be' is excellent. Chances are, it'll all be great  Esp once you've seen the heartbeat in a week or two.  But in theory anyway, any of us at any stage could 'miscarry', so your Dr should be re-trained in the art of conversation and definately in the skill of knowing WTF he is talking about. His sort of attitude makes me quite cross.   Do you want me to give him a serve? lol at this stage of pg I am about ready to give someone one and he sounds like a prime candidate.

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 6:44pm
wow there are a few of us my EDD is 5 Dec
So amazed it happened so fast!
Took years forLuke and this time two months!!! yippeee
Crazymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:37pm

Good evening ladies, I am  new to this posting. It is great to hear all the eagerness around the whole being pregnant thing. I am reading some of the posts and am so amazed at how you ladies are so organised. I have had 4 miscarriages and was a real wreck, that was back at the begining when me and hubby were first starrting our family. I am now onto number 10 and still find it amasing at the process we as women go through to produce our bundles of joy. In the last 3 years I have had 2 periods and this will be number 3 in that time. On a lighter side I just have to look at hubby and I can feel that egg getting invaded ha ha. I have always had alot of time for mums or dads of even one child because the responsibility is still the same regardless of numbers. You women are so brave.  December is going to be a busy month for all, but a really joyful one too.

Bree1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bree1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:06pm
jmac yah for you!! I am due 29th Nov, so could be Dec Mummy! I am having first scan next week which will be 7 1/2wks. My HCG at 6 weeks was 19000 just over. So think good? You can pay to go to diagnostic med lab and get HCG tests - about $15 I think. I am getting one every few days through fertility associates and also working with a natropath. She is great, instead of just your results are good or bad, she explains everything. I am on folic acid, Multimineral and vitamin, iron and thyadrin or something like that. All prescribed - 9 pills a day! Also I take Bach flowers to help with the anxious nervous wait and stress of is everything ok.
I think Na your levels are fine, fertility associates told me the HCG doubles every 24-48 hours. As for symptoms I have very little. Boobs fuller and a bit tingly at times, tummy cramped around 4weeks but nothing since. No nausea nothing. Just headaches. Boobs not sore, tummy sticking out, put on 2kg already! I really think every pregnancy is soo diff! STicky babes for all of us. Will keeping checking in to Dec babbies! x
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:09pm
Oh my Crazymum - do you mean this is your 10th pregnancy, or 10th baby? Wow - am in awe and not sure what to say except I think your username is very apt - you must be crazy busy all the time!

Hi Karen and Milo - Karen I think there are a few Dec mums here whose pregnancies have been a long time coming - I love hearing stories like that.

Na, glad to hear that the scan went well. I've got a 7 week scan booked for 20 April too.

Nothing much to report here, no morning sickness (yet). I occasionally feel a little queasy, sort of like when you've had that extra glass or two of wine the night before, not enough to give you a full on hangover, but enough that you feel slightly off colour. Last pregnancy I never got morning sickness bad enough to throw up, but the queasiness increased from around week 6, so am expecting the nausea to kick in after Easter! Still getting the odd cramp and boobs are slightly sensitive but that's about it.
Two little girls under 2!

Crazymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 9:21pm
Hi Febgirl, yep you got it CRAZY as thats me. This will be the 14th time I have been pregnant, I currently have 9 children and onto number 10, I never experienced the early symptoms of pregnancy only the tired thing that using kicked in around 7-8 weeks so really looking forward to that, it gives me an excuse to go and have a lie down while all the chaos is going on around me. I have been lucky with the first trimester woes. When I was pregnant with number one I went to the doc's with a boil complaint and came out with "congrats you are pregnant" So I really cannot relate to the vomitting and so on but I do sympathise with you all.
jmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 10:16am
Hi Bree,
We are about a week or so apart as im 5 weeks. Yay! I havent seen anyone yet, i have my scan on the 23rd so looking forward to that, will get the official date then i guess but i think its approx 10th dec? you are lucky to have no major symptoms, i have had tiredness, really extremely sore boobs and a bit of nausea on and off, not too bad tho but i quite like it as it reminds me that its actually real. my tummy has been a bit achy tho - no cramps and the spotting has stopped which is great - must just be heaps going on in there!    have you sorted a midwife and antenatal classes yet? i was told to get onto them asap as they fill up and omg what a mission to get into anyone! seems wrong doing it so early but has to be done.
would be great to keep in touch with each others progress - my email addy is: janettem@xtra.co.nz

TTC 19 mths-PCOS
Clom,Lap & HSG Nov 08
IUI feb 09 BFN
IUI Mar 09 BFP!!
Ariana Lesley Birch 29.11.9
TTC No 2 20 months
IUI May 11-BFN
IUI June 11-BFP sadly M/C
IUI Oct - BFN
IUI Nov - BFN
TorinsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 10:28am

Milo1                             5 December

Hey Milo1, Welcome to the group.
It is good to see we are growing so quickly

Thanks for all of you support gals, it is a trying time already without Dr's making it worse.
This is all pretty new to me, as my m/c was like 8 years ago & I can't remember much about how I felt over the short time I was preggers.

Exciting though, lets just enjoy the ride
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 3:38pm

Milo1                             5 December
AmStaff                         18 December

Just adding me in. Still waiting on blood test resuts but here I am...Pregnant. LOL

kls15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kls15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 3:53pm
Welcome to all new posters - things are moving fast around here now!
Great news Na_#1, very pleased to hear everything is all on track. Things seems to be ticking along well for me. No major issues or symptoms bothering me, just tired!! Away for the weekend which isn't going to help.
Might be telling close family and one of my good friends over the weekend so that is exciting.

Latest list on page 146...
zocster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zocster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 6:38pm
Well expecting dad, and since I am the geek, I will be posting or my wife using my account, EDD 15 December 2009 all goes well, fingers and toes crossed.
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:59pm
Just told my DP that I am PG. He is very excited. Has told his 2 best friends and is on the phone to his Mum to tell her now.
Very exciting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 763>