FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhen people offer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When people offer?
    Posted: 02 April 2009 at 3:55pm
Baby is nearly two weeks old and people are coming out of the woodwork to offer meals etc, which is lovely but I don't really know what to do! Do I ask people to cook basic meals with no flavouring? Decline meals? Ask for a recipe of everything they bring? We haven't had many so far so I have been doing my own easy meals and leaving the meal gifts for the rest of the family, instead of going through the awful 20 questions (it's bad enough at a restaurant let alone for free) - but today I turned down two offers of meals because I'm not sure how to approach it.

I guess I have a strong independent streak at the same time that says "I'm okay, I can do it myself" hehe I sound like a two year old!

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 4:24pm
You're gluten-intolerant aye?

Maybe make a list whats not ok (or what is ok - either one lol) to hand to people who want to help. Some will probably cut and run but it'll mean that you don't have to worry as much??
Or do some recipe cards?
NewPhoenix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 10:59am

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:07pm

I smile sweetly, praise the kindness of the person delivering the meal and just freeze whatever is brought into portions for DH to have unless it comes from someone I know is kosher.

I appreciate the thought and it means DH has meals for a bit longer while I get on my feet.

Also I find the ones that bring food that I can't trust tend to be people I don't know as well and therefore I don't feel comfortable telling them what they should and shouldn't be cooking iykwim.  Plus I hate imposing my food restrictions on other people.

Post Reply Post Reply