FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShoulder pain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shoulder pain
    Posted: 10 April 2009 at 9:48am
The last couple of nights I have had pains - like a constant ache in my right shoulder just above the shoulder blade. Last night it was worse, and I can still feel it now.

I know that right shoulder pain can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia. But I have no other symptoms - my blood pressure is always low (last taken a week and a half ago), and I only have very slight swelling. I also remember having similar pain with my first pregnancy - but it only lasted a few hours and amounted to nothing.

I am going away tomorrow for the weekend - do you think I should let my MW know, or wait for our next appointment on Tuesday?

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

LeahandJoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahandJoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 1:07pm

My sister had this towards the end of her second pg, she was admitted to hospital as they were worried about her lungs, turned out that it was a sign of labour as shw had her baby 2 days later (3 weeks early). The meds they gave her for her shoulder (pain was severe and crippling) masked her contractions so they only felt like mild BH, next thing her waters broke and baby was here an hour later!

Maybe just let her know just in case.

Good luck and I hope you manage to go away!

M2Bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M2Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 6:55pm
Any chance it's coming from your increased chest? Being more top heavy due to pregnancy can put strain on your shoulders, back, neck and even under your arms... So says my Osteo as I have all of the above
 Post Reply Post Reply