FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kellverona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellverona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight??
    Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:10pm

Hey ladies. Was hoping you might share with me how much weight you have put on so far.

Am I the only one that has put on 22kgs in 6 months of pregnancy??

Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:13pm
I'm sitting at 7.5kg. Not sure how much of that is naughty food. hehehehehe

Edited by Paws

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:17pm
no you are not alone Kelly, I was just reading your other post and was going to reply on that but will do it here instead. With Kobe I put on about 25kgs and he was born 6 weeks early and so far with this one I have put on at least 15-20kgs, Ive been to scared to keep track. I think all medical people take it to the extreme, according to the doctors Im seeing for diabetes at the hospital Im morbidly obese! I started at the same size as you and now weigh about the same as you I think at last count and now Im on insulin its probably going to get worse on top of normal baby growth. Dont worry about it, you will lose it after baby if you work at it. After having Kobe I was skinnier than I had been for ages and I didnt even breast feed, it was pure laziness and also getting preggie again that made me start gaining again.
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:18pm
I have put on around 5-6 kgs so far and I am 18 weeks. I have been a bit naughty on and off with food too but have now started to exercisde a little more as I have more energy.
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:40pm
I was a teency bit concerned that I had the opposite problem, but today my lovely midwife said that a woman's weight alone in pregnancy isn't an indication of how her baby is doing (or how big or small baby will be!) or of how her health is.  She doesn't weigh mums unless they seem to be losing weight while pregnant, because, and I have to agree with her here... constant weight monitoring only makes a woman feel miserable as she watches the scales climb up and up, and weight gain is an inevitable part of pregnancy.     

Edited by Andie
Andie
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:53pm
Ohhhhh Andie I like the sound of your midwife!

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 3:57pm
Ahhh yes, she is FANTASTIC!!!  Friendly, doesn't feel like she's rushing the appointment through, and super-approachable.  Gotta love having a great midwife! 
Andie
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 4:02pm
I guess that how much weight you gain varies between people and pregnancies as much as everything else! I think we all worry too much about something! Is my bump too big/ too small? Shouldnt I have felt the baby move by now? etc etc. I find that I worry most at work cos everyone always has a question or comment that gets me thinking! Arghhh!
I am not weighing myself much cos I dont wanna stress(and I dont have scales). I weighed myself when I got pregnant, and they weighed me when I saw the Ob yesterday- 4 Kgs so far (Im 20 weeks). But I have had a definate bump since 13 weeks, and have had countless people ask what is wrong with me/baby since Im so big so early!

Kelly
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 4:03pm
My doc is the same really. She totally rocks. She does weigh me but so long as I'm not shovelling too much junk in my mouth she's fine and was very nice in turning a blind eye to my brief McDonald's addiction!

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 4:57pm
As you know

First pregnancy was 19kg.

This time I have gone from 75kg to 89kg in the first 23 weeks....now I am 86kg so have lost a bit.
I think thats due to getting active and chomping down on fruit more and drinking copious amounts of yucky water.

Try not to worry about it...As long as you are healthy and Jaxon is healthy thats all that matters. And none of us know how we will be after the birth ....so dont worry that you might not lose the weight c

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 5:14pm
My midwife has never weighed me. I was worried as until recently I hadn't put on anything then all of a sudden (over about a month or so as I wasn't checking) I put on 5kg and that's what I'm at now
mrs frantic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs frantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 5:35pm
I am not sure, I think I last weighed myself about 3 weeks ago but by that stage I think I had put on 7 - 8kg, so I am thinking that by now maybe 9 - 10 kilos cos it feels like I have put on weight since then!
I dont think you should worry too much, every woman is different and I am tryign not to stress about how much I put on or dont put on - but it's hard though ofcourse...
i say go for gold, eat the MacDonalds without guilt and chomp that chocolate without shame, and think about the weight later, you will have plenty of time to deal with it after baby is born!
Mrs Frantic
Baby Maddisyn born 28 Sept 2006
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:17pm
I've put on 21 kgs at 38 weeks. Lots of it went on in the 1st and 2nd trimesters and has slowed down a bit now.

Kellie - I saw your belly pics and you look great!!! It doesn't look like you've put on that much at all. I'd say things should even itself out by the end, and as long as you are feeling OK and your health is good, try not to worry too much
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:24pm
With my first I must of put on 23 kgs (all those mince pies I ate) second one I put on 18kgs. This one i have gone down a Kg since I got pregnant although they say you lose weight before you gain, I have definatley got a belly and bigger with this pregnancy at this stage than both my other kids. I am prepared to add a few more (or alot more) weight. All part of pregnancy and sure I will just have to go for long walks once baby here. I am due end of Nov so fine weather will be ther hopefully so be more keen to get up and out.

Mum to:
Josh almost 13
Brooke 8 years
and peanut on the way
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
EthansMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EthansMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:30pm
I have put on about 4-5 so far. Am hoping not to go too far further

** MUM TO **
Ethan     29/08/2006
Brooke   22/09/2008
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 7:55am
I've put on about 6kgs so far and I'm just over 28 weeks..I just know it's gonna shoot up in this last trimester though!
stevie_88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie_88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:03am
Hey Kell,
I was 62 kgs when I found out I was pregnant. But through time I've crept up to 78 kilos. It doesn't bother me that much... my partners loving the extra flab haha and the bump out the front.
It might not be the best putting the weight on. But heres to the best of getting the weight back off after bub.
I feel myself getting bigger and bigger. You're not alone in this...
We should have a great way to lose weight after pregnancy board- or is there? I've just heard of breastfeeding and doing normal house work and taking bub for a wonder along the streets and what not. Oh and eating healthy. But most of all- Drink lots of water!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 11:53am
with jack i gained about 13-15kgs and this time so far i've only gained 3kgs.
as the others have said kellie, there's too much pressure put on us about how big/small we get while preggy and as long as bubs is healthy and growing and your BP etc is all good, then that's all the matters.
i think you look fabulous and your bump looks all baby

Syd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 2:45pm
I got on the scales for the first time last night since I fell pgn. Started at 60kg and am now 66kg. I'm only 5ft3 so weights show really quickly on me! Although I'm concinved that the 6kg has all just gone to my boobs - thats what it feels like anyway!!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 3:20pm
No Kellie you are not alone - Gwyneth Paltrow put on nearly 30kgs when she was pregnant with her baby boy so see - even the superstars with all the $$ put on weight when they are pregnant Chins up ladies - you all look beautiful
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>