FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMorning Sickness - What actually helps??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morning Sickness - What actually helps??
    Posted: 16 April 2009 at 5:37pm
I never throw up i just feel really nauseous 24/7. Some days it really feels like I'm gonna throw up, but never do.
Sponsored Links

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 5:50pm
with my last pregnancy i found eating before getting out of bed made it less likely that i would vomit. The thing that i mainly used though was the seabands ( they dont work for everyone though but what does) they are things you wear on your wrists that put pressure on a pressure point that reduces nausea. I also found eating often helped and making sure i didnt eat too much at once (which was very tempting given i felt like i was starving all the time) Hope that helps you hun.
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 6:05pm
Sea Bands worked for me for a few weeks.

I have also found the Blackmores Morning Sickness Tablets are great!

Hot chips.

Disco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 6:33pm
hot chips were great!

Seabands kind of worked for me. Lime and soda really helped too.

disco
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 6:34pm
Lemonade iceblocks and schweppes lemonade help me. Though only temporarily...
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 7:30pm
Hot chips, vegemite on toast and freshly squeezed OJ all help me.
Two little girls under 2!

angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 7:37pm
acutally salty things worked for me too. Like hot chips and crackers yummmmmmmmm
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:39pm
When pg I would have a herbal tea first thing in the morning, and small snacks throughout the day like scroggin and gingernuts (these really helped take the sicky feeling away). Mashed potato was a fav in the first trimester, and toast with peanut butter and banana, no butter.

I threw up only 4 times, but felt quite nauseous all the time too. From my own experience I would not recommend OJ (if you vomit it up, it burns!), asparagus rolls, and green apple or iron tablets on an empty tummy
At least for the first trimester, anyway

Little Angel, April 10
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:49pm
Plain water crackers and pretzels worked for me, also sour lollies

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:27pm
Hmm well with Caden salty things seemed to help and crackers and toast etc, and I ate A LOT of ice when I felt really really rotten.

This pregnancy my MS wasn't as bad, but I still felt really nasty. Salty stuff made me feel worse, this time anything sweet seemed to help, chocolate primo was the BEST thing for it, i drank a lot of the stuff for the first 12 weeks, it seemed to line my tummy and take that griping seedy ick feeling away for a while.

And also, the Naturo Pharm-Morning Med Relief spray worked really well at taking away that gaggy "I'm going to spew" feeling, you can get it at health shops and the chemist.

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:39pm
hmmm, what actually works ? birth I think har har ....

(tho for me it was eating smaller meals , and having something as soon as I got out of bed )

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:55pm
I found ice cubes to be good - refreshing but no flavour. I hope you find some relief, I really feel for you!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:17pm
Sour things: Lemon lime frujus, Lemon callippos, Charlies Old fashioned Lemonade, Frank ruby red grapefruit drink, Sour gummy worms, Mandarins etc etc.

Deb if it helps I think my MS peaked about 8 weeks so not long to go (if you're the same as me). I felt exactly like you do - sometimes you just wish you could throw up and get it over with aye? And burping is the worst.

Edited by Bobbie

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:33pm
I'm in Kelly's frame of mind...my new theory is not to get pregnant at all

but the sea bands got me through with the same as what you had. Also an awesome DH who did everything for those weeks, all I could do was get Alia to kindy & get through the work day.

It is the most miserable feeling in the world.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 11:05pm
Ginger beer helped me. And dry crackers =)

Genie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Genie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 11:39pm
Eating really regularly helped me, but if I left it too long butterscotch barley sugars helped take the edge off enough to be able to eat again.

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 8:18pm
Thanks girls. Great suggestions.

I got some sea bands today which are helping. YAY! I still feel a bit sick but it's a lot easier to handle. Got some crackers too. I've been eating so many ice-blocks as they make me feel a little better.

I forgot a couple of things while i was out today, so i've got DP to get me some ginger beer & primo, lol. and Cosmo Pregnancy.

LOL Sheza i was already addicted to Primo and go through heaps every week. Hehe.
Niki2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niki2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 2:53pm
Hi ladies, I am new here and just found out pregnant with number 2. Last time was a nightmare for morning sickness and I can feel it just starting to kick in now and am dreading the worst of it! What helped for me last time was seasickness bands, lemonade iceblocks and bung food which kept the nausea from getting too bad.
RuthyH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RuthyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 12:51pm
Congrats on the new babe-on-the-way.

For me eating protein was the best solution. I really had to force myself as i didn't enjoy it but it made all the difference. I took a boiled egg to work every day and would sit down to eat it when i felt things start to get bad. Also avocado seems to have been a miracle food for me throughout pregnancy.

Niki2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niki2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 1:15pm
Thanks :) It's getting worse day by day, have got my sa bands on, and am eating little and often, roll on 14 weeks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>