FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThin Lizzy Make Up - Reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thin Lizzy Make Up - Reviews?
    Posted: 19 April 2009 at 3:50pm
Has anyone purchased this stuff and been happy with the results?

Is it as good as the adverts make out?

I have a couple friends who swear by the stuff but I need a little more convincing ...

Atm I just use a cheapie brand from the chemist, their mineral powder works a charm but when it runs out I might consider splurging and getting one of those tins where you get 2 packs for the price of one.

Failing that, anyone care to share their make-up secrets ...any products you swear by? Preferably something that is light, doesn't take ages apply and doesn't look caked on iykwim

Thanks
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 4:01pm
Fliss just asked this recently - I've bumped it in the product reviews section

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Katep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 4:05pm
I have friends that use thin lizzy and yeah they think it is great too.
I use elizabeth arden makeup and I swear by it and would never change. Their foundations (mousse and powder) are fantastic and real easy to apply. I apply the mousse (sp?) with a brush and that makes it look really natual and light I find...but syill looks good of course.
Their products are expensive, so may not have helped, but I find that they last ages as you don't really need much of it.

Mum to the Gorgeous Leah!
              7 months
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 4:13pm
Before you buy any makeup , make sure you know your skin type first and what type of coverage works best on it ,eg, if your skin is dry, then one with a matte finish will make it look drier ,etc thats all I have to say .

Oh that and how much I hate the Thin Lizzy adverts on Good morning , almost as much as the blimming Bio Mag ads .

Edited by caitlynsmygirl

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 4:18pm
Awesome thanks for bumping that Weegee, didn't even think to doa search before posting
Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 5:08pm
Ooooh Im an elizabeth arden fan too Love their cream foundation.
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 5:30pm
over the past years these are the brands I have used.

Elizabeth Arden
Maybelline
shiseido
Napolean Perdis
Mac
Bobbi Brown
Clarins
Lancome
I.r.d mineral makeup
Revlon , colour stay , mineral powder, compact and new complexion
Clinique
Dior
Laura Mercier

My favourite, definetly Laura Mercier,but thats pricey , so atm im using Revlon .

I have a bit of an addiction to make up .

freckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:02am
I love my thin lizzy!!! it's so so easy to apply - like takes less than a min and does the trick I'd definitely recommend it!! But I agree the ad for it is sooooo annoying and nearly put me off
mum to 3 lovely girls :D
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:18am
Thin Lizzy is a bronzer so if you have good clear skin and want a bit of colour then its ideal. If you have blemishes and want a bit of coverage then you're probably better to go with a mineral foundation again
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

emachan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 8:30pm
I thought Thin Lizzy would be great (judging by all the ads they have and all the different skin types they show) but am really disappointed with it.

- and I have 2 of them cos it comes with 2 compacts!! Grrr - wish I'd spent my money on something else/.

DD#1 Sept 08
DD#2 Oct 09
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 9:50pm
I dont think it's as good as they make out. I do use it most days as a blusher and eye shadow but not as an all over coverage!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2009 at 9:24am
Yeah I've been wondering about it too. I want to try it but the girls in the ads always look rather orange to me so I'm a little put off.

Edited by lisa85

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
Critta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Critta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 6:57pm
I would be lost without my thin lizzy....
I swear by it..
I dont wear alot of makeup... but having this is a dream.. you can apply more to get the evening look .. or less for a all day coverage...

I purchased the tin twin pak... and i am no way near thur my first one...
the lipgloss is magic to0....

Thumbs up from me...

Good luck
Mum 2 Brodie
Bun in the oven
Engaged to Dickie¢¾x o x¢¾
shelleybean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelleybean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 9:12pm
Okay guys - Im sorry but have to give my 2cents worth.
We sell Natural Mineral Cosmetics - like I.D Bare Essensials - but we are even better. We sell loads and loads of Mineral Cosmetics & Natural Skin Care at an affordable price. Check us out www.immersioncosmetics.co.nz

Who watched Mitre 10 Dream home we were featured on there right at the start, we have been featured in The Women Weekly

We also sell on Trademe

Sharlene28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharlene28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 2:13am

I purchased the powder first, thinking that it would work like a foundation (not particulary experienced with makeup) and realising that it was a bronzer kind of a thing, didn't really use it all that much because my skin is quite red in places and it tended to accentuate this.  I then went to the pharmacy and asked the assistant to help me with a foundation to cover redness and she told me about the thin lizzy concealer.  I had seen it in an ad before and thought it might do the trick.  After wearing it for awhile it tends to seperate on my skin creating a patchy look and even seems to disappear in places.  So I would not recommend the concealer, but I'm sure the powder would work fine as a bronzer.

Andriea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andriea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:36am
I use thin lizzy during the day for like everyday makeup. Its great for that, but when I want a 'flawless', lol, looking face I use shisedo and then thin lizzy as bluch etc. Thin lizzy give me a natural summery look which I like for everyday as a SAHM, just so I dont look crappy all the time, lol
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:54am
If you have really pale skin I wouldn't get it as it is reasonably dark (even the light shade). My sister brought the 2 for 1 deal and gave me half to try out. I only put the tiniest bit on and when Jess came home he noticed straight away lol. Still I have grown quite attached to it. It's so light it doesn't feel like your wearing makeup. So I use it during the day when I'm out and about. I think it's worth it. You could always ask a friend to go halves on the 2 for 1 deal the first time just to try it out.

MC April 2010
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:59am
My favorite foundation will always be Moisture mist compact though. I remember my Mum using the same one when I was little and Jess thinks it smells like old lady but it's the longest wearing foundation I've found with great coverage. It's perfect for my combination skin as well. It's not oily or dry.

MC April 2010
jahvaan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jahvaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 10:13am
i dont really like TL too much, i buy one made by australis for $19 i think it is, and doesnt look as orange, buy it from kmart.
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 1:52pm
I use covergirl EA or Shiseido (sp) and only use TL in the summer when I go a bit browner as a bronzer and in general as a blush and eyeshadow....but im very pale and so even the light shade was a bit too dark for me and I had blemishes to hide too

CHEM 6/12+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>