FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary 2010 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 1019>
Author
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:37pm
misscheeky that is fantastic, thanks so much for posting it!

Thanks Chipchi! Congrats on your boys!!

I'm feeling so much movement lately.. I know this is probably stating the obvious but my kicks are more inside and low down, I doubt very much I could feel them from the outside (I've tried but he never does it when I'm patiently waiting!!) DH wants to feel it but sadly it's not happening just yet.

Yay for Friday, I've been very restrained and haven't bought anything blue (or anything at all) for baby even though I swore I'd go mad when we found out the sex. Now that we know the sex, there are just so many things to choose from and I get flustered and buy nothing! So tomorrow I absolutely must buy something!

I haven't had a lot of people rubbing my stomach (just my mil) but I do find that when people talk to me they look more at my tummy than my face which is frustrating, obviously moreso when the talk is about babies. Yes I'm pregnant, yes it's in my stomach.. but I don't need you to ogle it!!!

I hope you're all having a great night!

Edited by MrsEmma

Sponsored Links

zeena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:46am
I breastfed my first baby but for various reasons will not be going down that route for this baby. Is anyone else planning on formula feeding and if so is there a brand you could recommend? I am also wondering how far in advance I could buy the formula.

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:49am
Zeena - I have heard karicare or s26 is pretty simular to breast milk
however Id only buy a couple of sachets first for bubs to try as they may not like it! then once you have a few feeds sorted with the formula get someone to run to the supermaket for a tin
otherwise if you buy a tin and bubs doesnt like it - what a waste IYKWIM?
zeena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:54am
Thanks for the advice and good point about not buying too much Tastic!

bex88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bex88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:56am
I had Alex on Nurture, until he was 1. I found it the best for him and that the powdermixed up best (i.e. no lumps) which I found with some of the others. Although Alex was such a hungry baby he would have had any of them.

I totally agree with what Tastic said though about buying sachets first. Alex only statred on formula when he was 6weeks and that was only 1 Bottle a day, switched him over completely at 3 months.

ETA: Just voted for Ruby. What a cutie!!!!

Edited by bex88
5th...and final?? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5th...and final?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 9:44am
Tauranga Hospital uses Karicare in their maternity wards, and S26 in SCBU and NCIU. thats probably more to do with funding than anything else, but the midwifes suggested to me to use S26 in preference to karicare.

Flicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 10:24am
Oh wow, so much news yesterday, took me ages to catch up!!

congrats everyone on all the great scans and all the wee boys and girls cooperating and letting you know what they are!

I got to sleep in until about 8 this morning then stayed in bed while DF cooked brekkie, blissful! I felt so spoilt, just what I needed. I was so glad it was Friday last night! So tired and achey!

Flicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 10:32am
Misscheeky, just voted for Ruby. She is doing very well against some pretty stiff competition. What a cutie!!

Cluck cluck cluck

townie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 11:01am
Zeena with regard to formula feeding before you start mixing too many different formulas, they can cause constipation, so I would just get some satchets that have the same base ingredient so as to not upset baby's tummy too much, just something else for you to think about, and actually I think karicare have an 0800 number you can ring and they can talk you through it.

Fliss I got a sleep in and brekkie in bed too - felt very lucky!

Can't believe i am next on list to have scan, 8am Monday morning, it felt like forever away and now it is almost finally here. Although we aren't finding out the sex so just hoping for a healthy baby like the rest of you all!
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 11:20am

Just got back from having a haircut - feel so much better now. My hairdresser actually commented on me being pregnant without me mentioning it first - nice to know I now look pregnant and not just fat

Squirt must be sitting quite low today - I keep having to go to the toilet, getting rather frustrating.

Well, better go. Have a busy day with all of DF coming to town for dinner tonight and off to the rugby tonight.

Kimmyf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 12:28pm
wow that is alot ot catch up on for a few days...

Congrats on healthy scans and findingout flavors for those who wanted to know :)

have horriable times sleeping atm... wake up every few hours....

hope all have a good weekend... great weather in oamaru atm... going to the river today YAY.

Yay 18wks and 1 day.... Whoo Hooo almost half way
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 1:55pm

Grr this stupid site keeps logging me out!!!

Having a laxed day here so far.  Got to sleep in til 9:15 (though was woken earlier with the kids coming in for morning cuddles, then I kicked them out and went back to sleep!).  And surprisingly Dh had fed the kids before I got up, so only had to get breakfast for myself!  Then Dh took the older two to the driving range (they love playing "golf").  Dh then made a yummy salad for lunch.  Younger 2 are napping now, then we'll take them to the park!  It's very overcast here, but not too cold.

Yay for a haircut Tara!  I love getting my hair done!  Have fun at the rugby tonight.

I just went on that PP code website again.... and bought a few more things, stuff for baby and summer clothes for Gia.  Won't buy anything else for the baby until I know whether or not I'll get another scan.

Emma I have people oogling my tummy too, instead of looking at my face.  I try to work out by the look on their face what they are thinking about my belly, whether they think I'm big, or still small.  But they'll usually end up giving me their opinion on that anyways!  My mum's friend gave me a nice compliment the other day, saying I look great, and suit being pregnant, and that I still have a waist!  I should hope so, I'm only 21 weeks!  I do feel better about myself when I'm pg.  Funny that.

Ooh will go and vote for Ruby now too!

My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 2:53pm
I feel better about my body when Im preg too- Im so so selfconscious of my belly especially, whne Im not preg, but proud of it when I am preg! Already stressing about my post-baby belly in summer tho, eekkk. Gonna be even harder to get back to shape now that I have seperated abdo muscles, great!

Lovely day here, so warm and sunny! Dh and Isla left at 7am with the in-laws. They in Napier for the weekend. I couldnt go cos have work tomorrow, plus have to study for course on Tues. I have just been and rented a movie and got choc, so will be having a fun night in, in control of the tv! Yay for chic flicks! We are going to Napier in 4 weeks anyway, so will get to do shopping then- cant wait, so need some summer maternity clothes!
zeena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 6:08pm
Thanks for the formula advice guys I have saved it all in a word document to refer back to later as I will never find it on this forum. I still have no idea which one I will go with but I will try compare a few of the brands before making a decision.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 6:49pm
Evening all

Thanks for voting , its not the flashest photo
Ruby just has lotsof fans (and i put the voting thing on my facebook hehe)

Yay for your scan 2ndbabyg !! Not long to wait now

tomororw is my sleep in ! Was up early today had mil visit and then had to help decorate a 1st birthday cake for tomorrow, and I must say it came out good

Looking forward to bed tonight
townie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:25pm
Yea I find people talk to my tummy now instead of talking to me, its rather frustrating!

MissCheeky would love to see a pic of the cake!?!?

Mmmmm steak and home-made chips for dins tonight - yum yum!!

Oh yay for a haircut, am off for one in the a couple of weeks, and getting some highlights, I really need a little bit of colouring up so thought if I get a couple of foils it won't touch my scalp as opposed to colouring my full head of hair - whats everyone's take on colouring hair while pregnant? I hear mixed reports....
Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 7:42pm
I colour my hair all the time - permanent at that - I asked my midwife when pregnant with #3 (and never dyed it with the other 2) and she laughed and said as long as you aren't colouring down there you are fine! Infact going to do mine tomorrow - my friend (whose my hairdresser) was going to do it today but we ran out of time so she is doing it on monday night - hair still looks ok but need a trim and sides and fringe need shortening. Won't be a drastic change although i do feel like being dareing and getting a thick fringe and bob but dunno think i would regret cutting my hair since I have been growing it for a while.

Went shopping today - just for things for the sleepout we have built along with a double garage - versatile did most of it but we said we would sort the sleepout. Just got all the electical wire for our friend to start sorting the electricity - we already had electric to the old shed but getting down lights and plugs put in the sleepout and new shed. Think the boys (will take DH, josh and my dad) to put the gib up on the ceiling. And i couldn't beleive the difference there can be in prices of double switches - There was one but sold out for $7 and only other cheaper one was $17 - since i need 8 of them it would of cost $80 more - something I am not willing to do so ended up with none of those!

sorry that was bit of ramble....

townie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:10pm
Yea coz with DS I coloured my hair without even thinking about it and then a couple people had a bit of a go at me about it, which made me feel bad. Ooohh I am thinking of getting a fringe, but growing the rest of my hair from a sort of a bob.
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:28pm
That is quite interesting about the hair dying thing huh, Its one of those things I don't think there is any right answer to. My midwife funnily enough told me not to dye my hair, she said If I really had to then foils are the way to go. I guess the theory isn't proven either way and it all depends if you want to risk it or not, haven't heard of anyone having issues when they did but yea who knows.

Ooh i'd like to see pics of the cake too! I'm feeling really bloated right now ate too much popcorn and cheesecake lol!

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 8:47pm
lurker re the hairdresser (who was pregnant at the time lol) she told me they use special stuff when pregnant)

I don't personally cause i cant see how it doesn't get through to bubs.. but 90% of my friends do. I say each to their own like everything really:) how rude to have a go at you though:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 1019>