FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExercise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exercise
    Posted: 06 May 2009 at 1:34pm
Hi,

It's been 10 weeks since my c-section and am wondering if it's okay to start proper exercise now (e.g running). I haven't done anything besides walking for the last 9 weeks and need to get active to get rid of the belly.
Sponsored Links

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 7:57pm
I really wouldn't push it too soon. But who knows everyone heals differently. I would recommend checking with you LMC or doc first though.
I'm used to being really active as well so when I had twins I freaked out at the state of my body afterwards, but I didn't start trying to lose the weight until the girls were 6 months. Then I went nuts exercising and did Jenny Craig

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 8:03pm
Im pretty sure I wasnt allowed to run at 10 weeks (its more to do with the internal stiches than the external).

I didnt start running till Issy was about six months ... I walked and did swimming before that.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:48am
I was told you could exercise gently from 6 weeks (walking, swimming) but no exercise that places stress upon the abdominal muscles until 6 months.

With the tummy, you should have had a consult with a physiotherapist at the hospital before you were discharged, and they would have given you a couple of sheets of gentle exercise for targeting the muscles so that they mend correctly.
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 10:45am
^^ really I never got that with either of my c-sections.
I'm going back to the gym next week to do body balance but wait a little longer before I go back to doing body combat!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
jano1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jano1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 11:30am
I must have misplaced the exercise notes. Thanks for the info, I was thinking of waiting until at least 3 months as I'm not ready yet but maybe I'll wait until 4 months.
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:08pm
saying that, a friend of mine started running (slowly) not long after 6 weeks post baby and that was her 2nd c-section.

I guess you'll know when you're ready.

Edited by pomikiwi

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
pomikiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pomikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:08pm
After me saying I wasn't going to do body combat, I went back last night and it was bloody great
The only thing I found really hard was doing sit ups - I have no tummy muscles what so ever!

DD-Carys Amelia 17.03.06
 Post Reply Post Reply