FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHire Kits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 1:38pm
Good on you girls! It would be great to have a range of nappies by price. I my ecobubs and baby harmony, but can't afford to buy lots of them and in a hire kit, it would be great to be able to try some of the cheaper ones by WAHMs. One of my favourites is a $15 one from a WAHM. Course you would need to test them first to make sure of the quality. Just my two cents worth.
Mum to two wee boys
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 4:13pm
Here's another question... I'm assuming we only want nappies that are currently available to purchase (we don't want anyone having the frustration of falling in love with a particular type of nappy only to find you can't get them any more).

However, what about homemade nappies? If they're made to a particular pattern (like the wee weka or button boo for instance), and info on where to find the pattern and directions (and some fabric retailer suggestions) are included, is it worth having in the kit?

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 7:11pm
you will need an itti bitti - i have a new orange one begging for a home

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 9:28am
Yes, weegee, I think homemade ones would be great. I'd definitely be keen to sew some of my own and it would be nice to know that I'd like them before I went to the effort of sewing them
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 10:54am
Hi - great idea! My Mum makes awesome OSFA nappies that are from KCK pattern - the pattern is available on-line. Could give you guys a free sample for each of your kits? She can also make them to sell ;-) They are great - can use comfortably from newborn right through to toilet training and they are trim and spunky looking :)
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:30pm
That would be awesome Alex! Are they the velcro or snap version? You'd have to include your Mum's business card or details.

atm I'm thinking we will include a little laminated booklet which will have a page on each of the nappies with a photo, how it's used, where to find more info on it and where to buy them, as well as some generic care information.

I'll PM you my address

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:32pm
grrr double post and I swear I only hit submit once!

Edited by weegee

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:42pm
ops forgot to say they are velcro pockets - good velcro though and have wash tabs. Booklet is a great idea!! I will send some piccys of how to do the different sizes and details for ordering too ;-)
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 2:06pm
Velcro is good, we've got lots of snaps so far!

For those interested, the hire kit is coming together very quickly. Here's an update as to what we have in hand and on the way so far:

COVERS
Staccinator wool cover - small periwinkle
Proraps classic covers - 1 nb, 1 sm
Bummis covers - white nb, andy pandy sm
Honeyboy fleece cover - small orange with giraffe tabs
DesignerBums merino cover - small paua
Hand knitted green/purple/turquoise striped longies (small)

FITTEDS
Kissaluvs - nb natural
Snazzipants - size 1, red, white & black
Kushies - infant size

POCKETS
Honeychild - small white including insert and booster
Baby Cheeks OSFA - navy
KCK homemade OSFA (thanks alyxw!)

AIOs
Rosie's (now Karma Kidz) fleece AIOs - both sm, 1 red, 1 blue

PREFOLDS
Real Nappies (thanks rachel25!)

WIPES
At least a dozen cloth wipes in unisex prints

So obviously we don't really need any more covers, but here's what we're still thinking of getting, in no particular order:

FITTEDS
* Rosie's/Karma Kidz?
* Tots Bots?
* DesignerBums?
* Itti Bitti Boo?

POCKETS
* Ecobubs?
* Bib & Tucker?
* Wigglebums?
* Pea Pods?
* Baby Harmony?
* Joel-Eze?

AIOs
* Swaddlebees?
* Snazzipants?
* Monkey Doodlez? (personally I hate these but they might be ok for newborns and they're cheap)
* Of course itti bitti d'lish

OTHER STUFF
*decent size wetbag

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 2:09pm
Bizzy, is your itti a snap in or sewn in?

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 3:48pm
sewn in weegee....

alyxw - if your mum is making them from a pattern make sure she is allowed to sell them. some patterns you arent allowed to,its a copyright thing i think.

you might want to rethink having longies in there as they require a different care than the other stuff and if someone throws them in the wash accientally they may get ruined.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 3:57pm
grri know i posted, now its disappeared.

was saying i have some smalls i am selling... have drybees pockets (but girl colours) and a blue swaddlebee pocket. have a couple of fitteds too, a swaddlebee and a piko baby.

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:00pm
hmmmmm... good point... maybe I should rethink the wool covers as well. (Just made sure there were some in there cos they're my favourites!)

Also a good point about selling the KCK nappies - I had assumed that alyxw's Mum had purchased a license but that does entail sending a sample to Kayla in the States so maybe not yet.

Bizzy, I have asked Karyn (Mother's Instinct) about maybe getting an itti bitti trial pack but will let you know one way or the other. (If someone else wants it in the meantime they can have it.)

rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 8:22pm
I haven't sent the nappies to Becks yet as they are still on the line as it keeps raining lol, will bring them in tomorrow and spin them and put in the dryer . Question: How many do you guys want? Do you need just one insert per cover, or a couple of inserts? And how many sets do you need?
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 9:27pm
as far as i know the staccinator and DB are machine washable so might be alright.

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:02pm

A couple of inserts to 1 cover would be great Rachel as then when they try them they can see how it work using the same cover with the same brand inserts.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 10:29am
OOh good point about the KCK - She does vary the pattern so do you think that is ok? Will look into that ;-)
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 11:47am
What's the latest on the hire kit? I'm keen on trying some new night time solutions, such as fitted naps and covers, and was wondering if you were hiring out yet.
Also, I reckon having the wool covers in the kit would be of benefit, just make sure there are clear instructions on how to wash and care for them.
millysmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millysmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 12:45pm
HI, I make pocket nappies and would be interested in donating a couple to a hire kit if you still need some. I also make cloth wipes. You can fine them on facebook if you look up Melina Baby. I make OSFA, and different sized FOE pocket nappies. I am happy to make fitteds also if needed. I LOVE to sew!!!

I was thinking of making up a hire kit of all the different types of nappies I can make if needed also.
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 5:30pm
Hire kit is almost ready to go, but it's still in two pieces, and we need to put together all the info on each of the nappies etc before we can start hiring it out. We also haven't finalised prices etc yet.

Apart from a couple of OSFA pockets, the sizes are all newborn and small so would possibly be too little for Campbell anyway, whitewave?

Melina, we'd never say no to more nappies, they look great! A mid-range pocket would be very useful to have. I've become a fan of yours on Facebook (my last name sounds like my username on here).

Here's a sneak peek piccie - excuse the quality, I carefully laid out what I have here so far and then the batteries on my camera died, so it's from my cellphone camera - and note this is not everything because it doesn't include what Becks has at her place, nor some of the accessories we are yet to get:

Top left: wipes, AIOs
Top right: covers
Bottom right: fitteds
Bottom left: pockets, inserts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>