FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHire Kits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hire Kits
    Posted: 17 May 2009 at 2:58pm

For those that have used one, what was in it???

I have thought about settng one up for hire for girls on here to use as there is alot of talk about them and they do seem so damn good when you first have  ababy to work out what to use, and what suits your baby.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:56pm
Me too Becks, I've been thinking about setting one up as well - perhaps we could liaise and have a couple of them. I haven't used one personally but I've seen the Waitakere and North Shore kits, and there are some lists and photos of some hire kits in a stickied thread on TNN... also the latest listings are on the TNN website in .doc format from here

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 9:46pm
So everybody, if Becks and I do this... what brands/types would you want to see represented? (WAHMs, feel free to promote your own product to us - if this is going to be an OB hire kit then we should support OB mums!)

GingerBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GingerBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:36am
I've been trying to get through to the North Shore lady about a kit but no response which is frustrating, so would definitely be keen on one from here!

I'd be very keen on trying Baby Cheeks and Honey Child after doing all my research, these are the 2 that stand out for me!
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 12:22pm
I'd like it if it contained all different types of nappies (fitteds, prefolds, pockets etc...?), because honestly, I've no idea about what style I'd like to use and it would be nice to have a good mixture to choose from. (Not every brand of course, but every type).
Based on the feedback on here, I'd like to try itti bittis too.

I think its a great idea, and can I book December?
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 12:38pm
Sorry to thread jack but did anyone watch the episode of dirty jobs on sky on staurday night? there was an interesting job where they had a nappy cleaning service. People popped out their soiled nappies and once a week they got taken away and news ones were replaces it was quite interesting. Does that sort of service exist here in NZ ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:27pm

I was thinking of doing the different styles. And it being of small sizes and a few NB sizes as well.

Also to add to the questions what about price??? What would you pay for the hire kit???

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:52pm
The other hire kits are all a pretty uniform price so I think we'd possibly be constrained by that - they're all approx $40-60 bond, and $8-12 a week hire (usual hire period 8 weeks ish). It'd take us a little while to recoup the cost of the kits (unless OB wanted to help us out!) but after we did we could either donate the difference to charity or work on building a medium hire kit.

The other thing to ask is, what other things would you want to see in the hire kit besides nappies? (The other kits have cloth wipes, ecostore laundry powder samples, wetbags etc, and some of them throw in a pack of flushable liners and/or microfleece liners.)

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 8:34am

Have you thought about contacting the various WAHM's who make MCNs for a sample and using that to create a hire kit.  As that's it main purpose to try the different ones to see what suits.

Washing instructions would be a great help, also with regards to drying, stripping etc.

T_Rex if you are interested we could set up a Palmy one, we could source a couple of different brands and types and swap/compare.

If there are any ladies out there that have finished with nappies, if they are willing to donate that would be an idea.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 8:57am
Just wanted to say what a great idea!! My bubba has just outgrown her NB nappies so I've been buying Medium ones off trademe. I can send you guys her NB Real Nappies if you're interested to put in kits? I bought them new so they have only been used for one baby (have 6 covers and 24 inserts)
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:56am

Maybe its something we could do off the OHB forum boards, do we need to ask Emma if its ok?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:14am
what a great idea ladies
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:12pm
Awesome idea! I agree, all kinds of types and brands included in the hire kit would be great, and including cloth wipes, samples, etc is also a great idea. Different types of inserts would also be a good idea.
shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 3:45pm

It's a fantastic idea. I'm definitely looking for a hire kit at some point, though will see if there are any available locally first.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 6:06pm
Great idea, someone from welly should get involved hehehe

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by mrsg1 mrsg1 wrote:

T_Rex if you are interested we could set up a Palmy one, we could source a couple of different brands and types and swap/compare.

Its a nice idea, Mrsg, but honestly at the moment I'm struggling to keep up with all the other things I have on. Try me in second trimester when apparently I'll have some energy
Seriously though, I probably don't have the time to be involved in setting one up, but if you did want to do it yourself or with someone else, I'd definitely be interested in hiring! And if you don't do a hire kit, I still might come round to check out your nappy collection at some stage - haven't you been collecting some over a while?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 6:59pm

Rach, yep we would be keen for them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 8:16pm
I have a few, will see if anyone else has some going. I got some of Stacey and try to buy mine from WAHMs.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 8:58pm
Sweet mummy_becks, PM me where to send them to
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:22am
This is a fab idea, would the kit include a nappy bucket too? I think hitting up some NZ suppliers for free samples is also a very good idea, laundry powder, tea tree oil, liners, eco wipes etc. We have a net bag thingy that sits inside the nappy bucket for easy transfer to the washing machine.

I like the idea of having one of each different type of MCN - I still dont really know what the difference between all the styles is.

A laminated sheet of tips/hints/instructions would be useful too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>