FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIdeas for dinner that dont smell!! HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for dinner that dont smell!! HELP
    Posted: 18 May 2009 at 3:32pm
help please. Im almost 10wks pregnant and im very sick as in vomiting all day and have already been in hospital once for this pregnancy. Now for the last two weeks i havent cooked anything for my DH and im starting to feel like a really sucky wife so i would love to hear if anyone has any ideas of meals that i can cook (preferably healthy but dont have to be) that dont have much of a smell. I am also off red meat but im wiling to try cooking it. ANY ideas would be so much appreciated and im sure dh would love you forever lol. Hes getting sick of stuff on toast lol.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:51pm
We've sometimes had mashed potato and mixed veges for dinner lol. Otherwise do a casserole then go for a walk
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:52am
I lived on plain baked potatos last time.  This time I had to make meals for my daughter so didn't have the luxury so just kept a bowl close by to throw up in.
shadowfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 3:34pm

I had mac cheese today that didn't smell. Not a proper meal but something

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 8:45pm
Crock pot, crock pot, crock pot. Mine was absolutely thrashed when I was pregnant. I could prepare it when I was feeling up to it and turn it on and that way I could guarantee the rest of the family got a decent meal.

I also found some of the more bland, casseroley things were quite easy on my tummy when I was able to keep stuff down.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 4:13pm
was going to say the crockpot, and yeah living on baked potatos the last few days, making hubby cook tonight so it will probably be nachos or cottage pie,
charlotteandhuntersmummy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotteandhuntersmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 9:00am
cous cous with stir fried veges and then when your DH gets home he can wizz up some meat and add to his! and veges dont really smell....
plain sizzlers dont smell, really fresh fish shouldn't smell! pastas, roast veges and move BBQ into garage or under shelter then when hubby gets home make him go cook (not much help but cooking in the open can help get rid of smells).....
when i was pregnant with DD we lived in an apartment and our neighbors used to use days old fish and make pie ewwwwww makes my cringe thinking about it lol a friend has used acupuncture to help with morning sickness and is having great sucess
pesky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 1:28pm
I ate cereal or toast for those few weeks when it was really bad and DH cooked for himself with the extractor on. I went outside or upstairs when I couldn't cope.

I figure it's only a few weeks so make the most of DH cooking and chill on the couch. Hopefully it'll be over soon!

Maybe you could make him a smoothie for dessert to show you're trying.
 Post Reply Post Reply