FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAbsolutely gutted = (

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Parki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Absolutely gutted = (
    Posted: 19 May 2009 at 7:38pm
Sorry, I wasn't really sure where to post this so have posted in in Planning Pregnancy too...

Well....we just had our second appointment with Fertility Associates and the news is not what we were hoing for...

We basically have 1% chance of conceiving naturally.
IVF (ICSI) is our only option for having a baby. The news honestly hit me like a tonne of bricks and I think I'm still in shock.

The worst part is: The reason DH is unable to produce healthy sperm as it is linked to an illness he has hadd all his life called Bronchectisis - Basically the little hairs in his lungs don't work to move all the bad stuff out of them. He has had one lung removed so far and will have a life long cough (Kind of like life long Brochitis) So turns out this is all linked to the sperm and the tails of the sperm don't move either.

Anyway, we have been told that our baby, should we conceive has a 50/50 chance of having the same illness possibly resulting in lung transplants or removal and if it is a boy then the possibility of him having the same fertility issues as DH.

I feel sick. DH is absolutely devastated and is balming himslef. I keep assuring him that nobody is to blame but he won't listen. I feel terrible.

So here is to day on of an 18 month (ish) wait to start our treatment - If we decide to go ahead.

How do you decide whether you should go ahead possibly putting your baby at risk of a life long illness?

Sorry for the novel.
Sponsored Links

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 3:40pm
Oh wow, I cannot imagine how you are feeling about now Kelly. I'm not a whole lot of help, I just want to say that I hope things go really well for you.
Sarahlou View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarahlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 12:29pm
Hi Parki,

Man lifesure does throw us some curve balls sometime huh! Is there some kind of genetic testing the can do on the embyo's to see if it has that gene??

My husband and I have been given a higher chance of concieveing another baby (through IVF) with a congenital heart disease... our chances of having another baby with this rare problem is no where near as high as you guys but it was still a hard decision to try again.... If it were me I would put my name on the waiting list... and hay it appears that you have a while to think things through...and if you change your mind just say so!

Well goodluck with everything!! My thoughts are with you and your DH....

Sarahlou xx

Post Reply Post Reply