FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSupplements for egg health

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brixey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brixey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supplements for egg health
    Posted: 06 July 2009 at 5:37pm
So we know that the men have a number of options to keep their sperm healthy (ie- taking Menevit, no laptops, no long cycle rides, cut back on alcohol, wear boxers etc).

But what about us ladies and our eggs? I understand that the amount of eggs we have is determined from when we are in our mother's wombs, and like sperm our egg health is determined or influenced 3 months before its ready for use.

Any ideas on what we can do to have healthy eggs? I have looked in some US websites and they suggest folic acid, which is a no brainer and I am sure most of us do this already. Other thoughts are to have a healthy BMI and to exercise, cut back on alcohol and caffeine -

One webiste said CoQ10 200mg x 2 daily. This helps builds a good strong egg and this advice came from a infertilty doctor. But has anyone heard of anything else for our eggies?

Edited by brixey
TTC #1 December 08
Azoospermia diagnosed - June 09
FA appt #1 August 09
Roll on IVF/ICSI !!!
Marrying my darling - July 10
Sponsored Links

Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 10:12pm

Hi Brixey,  I have this link as a shortcut on my web page and refer to it every now and again to make sure that I include them in my diet.

http://infertility.health-info.org/fertility-diet-lifestyle/diet-supplements.html

brixey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brixey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 5:42pm
Thanks Shezzy, I note that the article mentions CoQ10 too - which I had heard of but didn't know too much about until this week.

Coenzyme Q10
Important for energy production. Levels of CoQ10 are lower in a woman who has experienced a recent miscarriage. ICSI fertilization rates may rise when taking this supplement. It also improves blood flow. Dosage: talk to your healthcare professional.
TTC #1 December 08
FA appt #1 August 09
Roll on IVF/ICSI !!!
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 6:58pm

Yea Brixey, I had a look at a bottle of Coenzyme Q10 at the pharmacy the other day... it is quite expensive .... like $30 for 30  if I recall ....   but am still deciding if i should include them.

Brixey.... are you going to chart during ICSI?  I would be very interested to see how it goes.....  (I wish I had known about charting when I did it lol)

Edited by Shezzey
brixey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brixey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:41pm
Hi Shezzy,

I stopped charting when I got the flu last week. I may chart when we do IVF/ICSI but it will depend on what FA says. Things is, I am on shiftwork so my temps are random anyway, which is what prompted me to see my GP in the first place.

I think I might do the CoQ10, start sometime this month. My darling is about to start the Menevit next week which I hope helps whatever sperm he actually does have lurking around.

Feck, so wanted a baby before the wedding!   I'm an impatient sod !
TTC #1 December 08
FA appt #1 August 09
Roll on IVF/ICSI !!!
mtjt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 8:56pm
Hi all.
just reading about you taking CoQ10... .. how did it go?? any good results? any BFP's????
I am investigating what other vits/supplements (apart from me taking elevit and DH taking menevit daily) may be good to take...? i dont want to over dose on anything but do want to maximise our chances of success...Any comments on this will be most welcome. Cheers
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 10:35am

Hi guys, I've started taking a pre-natal multi vit after reading the link from Shezzey re: all the things you need.

I haven't done the CoQ10 as I didn't know how much a health prof would recommend and I didn't want to have to go through a naturopath or similar. If you can get them from a health food shop, maybe. Although I figure it might be too late now as my little embies are swimming around in me waiting to hatch.

Other than that, avoiding alcohol and caffeine, trying to eat a wee bit healthier, and lots of crazy concepts/wives tales/rumours - come on, stick darling embies!!!

Brixey - when do you start your IVF process? GL!

5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2020 at 2:37pm
I have read that mesotherapy to ovaries might increase quality of eggs significantly
Me 38, DH 42
#1IVF - BNF, no implantation
#2IVF - BNF, mc
changed clinics, 1st appointment Gdansk - June 2018
#3IVF - Gdansk Poland, Dec 2018
Spot265350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spot265350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 11:27am
Of all the available medications that I have tried, none has helped me as much as the NHC supplements. The additional funds from this company were really effective, and it helped me a lot. Also from this brand I was helped by pills for cough and sore throat which can be found here https://www.nhc.com/brand/olbas Getting sick at such a time is often necessary for many, which is why I believe that it is worth keeping all the necessary medications and supplements with you, just in case it may be useful.
lenabr199848 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabr199848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2021 at 2:54pm
I can recommend eggdonationfriends website, I refer to them anytime I need any info on IVF with donor eggs.
 Post Reply Post Reply