FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan i freeze......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can i freeze......
    Posted: 13 July 2009 at 7:23pm
I have a bunch of bananas in the fridge i forgot was in there and they are now a bit past it but perfect for banana cake do i freeze half and make banana cake with the rest or make a lot of banana cake and freeze it? Can you freeze bananas?
Sponsored Links

Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 8:01pm
I think my MIL freezes bananas if she is going to make a banana cake - no harm in trying i guess.

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 8:28pm
Yep you can freeze bananas definately... I have some in my freezer now

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 8:51pm
Yep, I always have bananas in the freezer!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 9:19pm
I freeze them too. You can pretty much use them without defrosting them too, coz they mash up nice and sludgey when they've been frozen.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 9:22pm
Yeah I have some in the freezer too just chuck'em in skin and all.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 9:47pm
Ewww don't know about the skin!!! Mind you mine are really past it by the time they make the freezer
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 10:48pm
I chuck them in the freezer skin and all. They go black and looking but are great for banana cakes / muffins. Yum!
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:04am
also great for smoothies in the summer lol. Or when pregnant and craving smoothies They do go black but just peel the skin off and they are perfectly fine.
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:31am
awesome thanks i am so going to freeze them then. We love banana cake in this house so im sure dp hids the bananas so they go brown and i have to make it.
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 12:25pm
frozen bannanas are perfect for making into muffins and cakes (they look disgusting though) Just throw them in skins and all - defrost and peel when ready to use, as as they look they cook up perfectly!
 Post Reply Post Reply