FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDVS vs HRV Systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 8:08pm
Can you feel the air coming out of the vents? And if so, does it feel warm or cold? And is it noisy? Can you hear it at night? We have HRV coming tomorrow to give us a quote. Still waiting to hear back from DVS and Moisturemaster.
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 8:22pm
You can only hear it if you try to listen for it, if that makes sense. We have heat pumps and they are far noisier.
Because your roof space cools down at night it would only run on the lowest setting anyway. When ours was first installed DH turned the heat pumps off to see if we could hear it and we could but only just.
No you can't feel it, they are designed to push the air along the ceiling and down the walls so they aren't blowing air down at you.

The display is great, tells you what the roof temp is, what you're desired house temp is (ours is set to 22) and what the actual temp is. I have my heat pumps running at 22 and the house is at 22, the roof temp is 14 and it says the fan is running on the lowest setting at the moment. Today I've had both heat pumps off cos it was warm enough not to need them and only switched them on as the sun started going down.

The other great thing is the burnt toast mode as they called it where you can set it to do a mega blast for an hour and push out any bad cooking smells or we've used it when DH has painted and the smell is gone quickly which is great.

Candkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 8:48pm
we have a DVS its fantastic, we got it installed when we got the house in 2005 it has a vent in each of the 3 bedrooms & 1 in the lounge/dining area, we just have it on low mort of the time and cant hear it or feel it but the temp of the air really depends on the temp of the air in the roof, we can never really hear it no matter which setting its on but can definatly feel it on the other 2 settings but the vents in the rooms can be adjusted to let more or less air in
we did learn however that in summer switch it off during the day!!! as it sucks all the hot air out of the roof into the house lol nice at nite tho with the cool air.
they did tell us that if your using a gas heater ( without a flu) the 1s with a bottle that they need to be on the highest setting as they cause alot of condensation

DD 10.5yrs
DS 6yrs
DS 11mths
5 little angles watching from above
CuriousGeorg148038 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousGeorg148038 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2014 at 3:07pm
Hi there, I've just had the HRV people come through for a quote. They said it'll cost me a total of $4133.56 for 1 fan and 5 vents. I thought it was kinda pricey. Just wondering if I could get your thoughts regarding the price and HRV in general? Thanks! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12