FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYou know you’re ttc’ing when...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You know you’re ttc’ing when...
    Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:02am
I randomly came across this in another forum and thought it was funny! enjoy

- the Big 'O' no longer refers to orgasm, but instead to ovulation

- you show everyone who will look at your bbt charts

- every twinge is a potential sign: ovulation pain OR perhaps implantation

- it no longer strikes you as the least bit odd to check out at the pharmacy with both HPTs and tampons in your cart.

- you schedule your social events around your ovulation day

- if your OPK comes up +, you cancel all social engagements that night so you can BD & lie with your legs elevated and butt up in the air afterwards

- you talk using mysterious acronymns that only your ttc buddies understand: ttc, BD, ewcm, bbt, opk, 2ww

- your morning motto is: "Don't talk to me until I've taken my temperature"

- you take your temperature more than once a day (committed TTCer)

- you refuse to finish decorating that 3rd bedroom in your new house, because you can't stand the thought of getting it just the way you want it only to have to tear it apart next month in order to make room for the nursery you'll be needing.

- you put off buying any fall/winter clothes, because you hope they won't fit by the time the weather gets cooler.

- you clip coupons for OPKs and HPTs

- your doctor says, "Now take these home and inject this needle into your stomach every day" and you don't even flinch.

- you spend more on OPKs, HPTs, and fertility supplements than you do on clothes

- the thought of nausea makes your heart skip a beat!

- you make a mental note of what day of your cycle it is before you say "ok" to a drink

- you get sick but make sure you can take the medicine in case you are pregnant...and would rather stay sick if you can't take the medicine..

- you finally look forward to mornings! Another opportunity to take and record your temp!

- you refer (and think) of your husband, not as his real name, but as the letters "DH" in real life

- you suffer silently from Infertility Vision (IV) - defined as the ability to see pink lines that nobody else can see. It's a very common condition among POASers during the days leading up to the official test day. Research is still being done, but at present there is no cure for it!

baby dust to all
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
Sponsored Links

Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:14am
chuckles. Tis all true
Angel babies Mar '04, Oct '08 and Sep '09.
Shezzey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezzey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:23am

Yea ...I can tick all of the above

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 11:51am
So true, especially the last one! Only women can see those lines... men never can.

LOL at the fourth one, I have so done that and got a sympathetic smile from the cashier.

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:22pm
ha ha, we that are ttc are so easy to read
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 3:28pm
lol - scary when you find yourself agreeing with each statement.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 5:02pm
i know, i especially liked the second to last one...often have caught myself about to refer to DH as Dh in public or ask my friend how her DH is!
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 7:44pm
I totally agree!! I have a friend at work who are TTC as well, and we talk in code so no one else knows what we are talking about.... Lay people just dont catch on! But I think every single one of those statements is true!!

+1 May 09 Angel
buzzydaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzydaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 9:22am
So True!! I can nod and chuckle to all but 1, however I will start doing it now coz I hadn't thought of taking my temp during the day, I will definitely be more committed in the future. LOL

DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2009 at 9:38am
hehehehehe that's so true! Love it...I find myself refering to DH as DH when I'm chatting on MSN or FB Chat to friends LOL they're like WTF does that mean!

Not charting (yet) but I'm sure if/when I do start I'll be able to tick off more of the above list
 Post Reply Post Reply