FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNatural Hormone Therapy for PND

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural Hormone Therapy for PND
    Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:14pm
I've just been referred to a place in Tauranga that deal in Natural Hormone Therapy... has anyone used this before as a 'natural' way of dealing with PND/Anxiety? It's going to be quite pricey so would like to hear of anyones experiences (good or bad)
Thanks
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 2:00pm
Yep me, that was part of my natural treatment which cured me, alomng with phycotherapy and counselling too.
I am still using progetserone cream throughout pregnancy and will increase the ammt I use each night after baby is born all to prevent pnd returning. I am doing other things like dietry chnages and monthy accupuncture too.
The cream costs $30 a pot- when using if for pnd when not preg I used a pot a month- days 12-26 of cycle, for 3 months, then after that used less so one pot lasted 3 months. Im using even less than that now, every night before bed.
MuppetsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 3:01pm
Hi there,
I went to see Dr Leung of Younger By Design in Auckland; and yes it was pricey! He sends the saliva tests away to Australia where they test them properly. I decided to go and see him because I had both ante- and post-natal depression, and was really reluctant to go on meds. I had used progestrone oil during my pregnancy and found that it definitely helped to improve my mood.
Turned out that ALL my hormones were low, but not drastically so, so now I am on natural estrogen (a good estrogen, not the bad ones), progestrone, testosterone , etc etc etc lol but I did notice an improvement.
My depression however has still not gone away - I tried ST John's WArt for a while and that did help for a couple of weeks but then stopped being so effective - and so have now resigned myself to the fact that my problem may be a chemical inbalance as opposed to hormonal, and am starting on cypramil 20mg.
So all in all, I would say YES do try it, it IS expensive but well worth it and you never know, your hormones might not be too 'out' and you may not have to be on it for long.
Good luck :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply